Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fun In Narnia

Last Wednesday the boys spent the night with Haha.  Haha sent me this funny video of Carter dancing!  I think he's dancing to the Christmas Tree Train's music. 


The same night they were at Haha's Santa called to talk to Riley.  Haha filmed it for me, but the file is so large, I can't upload it here.  Let me just tell you that Santa and Riley talked for almost 15 minutes!  And apparently Santa told Riley that naughty boys and girls get coal and straw in their stockings.  Thank you Santa, as I've been using that little trick to get him to behave this past week!

On Thursday night I had WARM Place and Chad had to work so the boys went to Nana & Papa's house after school.  Riley had been wearing the Cowboys Santa hat at our house and so at Nana's he wanted a Santa hat also.  Somehow he knew that Nana & Papa had a Santa hat and that it used to be Uncle Jake's.  We still can't figure out how he knew that!


Carter also wanted to get in on the action by saying "cheese" and posing for Papa's camera.  He's quite a little cheester when he sees the camera come out, he says "CHEESE!" each time he sees it start to flash.


Nana also made Riley his very own Santa beard out of pillow stuffing and cardboard.  She is one amazing Nana!  And she says she isn't crafty!  This beard looks pretty amazing to me!

On Saturday Chad was working all day so we went to pick him up for dinner and after dinner we let the boys go into the theater to play for a bit.  They had a lot of fun in Narnia, playing with the fake snow and going up and down the ramps and steps.




The next day was Sugar Rush before the matinee of Narnia.  The boys had a great time eating candy and playing with big balloons.  We were not sure how Carter was going to do during the show, but he was absolute perfection!  He started out sitting in his own seat, like a big boy, but he had trouble seeing, so I put him on my lap and he sat there so calm and watched the show.  During intermission he enjoyed some candy with Nana & Papa.


And then he watched the 2nd half of the show sitting on Chad's lap.  He was so attentive and quiet.  He almost made it to the end of the show, but he got so tired that he fell asleep about 5 minutes before the end.  I was so proud of him for doing such a great job!

Riley also did a great job in the show.  There were some wolves in the show that Chad was worried might scare Riley, but he just ended up covering his ears if he got a little scared and then uncovering them when he wasn't scared any longer.

On Monday night Chad picked up the boys and I met them at McDonald's for dinner.  Carter started sipping his little ketchup cup and I tried to get a picture, but at first everytime he saw the camera flash he looked at me and said "CHEESE!"


So I turned my flash off and was able to get an in action sipping shot. 


Last night Nana & Papa watched the boys again so that I could go to a mini high school reunion of sorts.  My friend Elliott was in town from NYC and he is a musician so he put together a show at Monroe's Social Club.  It was a great time and I got to see a lot of old friends.

Here is Elliott mid-show:


And this is my best friend from high school, Justin, and his girlfriend Sara.

And last, but not least a shot of me and my friend (and coworker) Melissa.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I love seeing the boys playing on the set:) Taryn & John used to do that!

    ReplyDelete