Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Maybe We'll Have Baby Birds Soon

Going back a couple of weeks, we went to a carnival at our old daycare the day after Carter's last day there.  I volunteered to work the dunk tank for the first hour and the boys and Chad wandered around while I worked.  One of friends took photos at the event and got these great shots. (thanks Cowtown Camera Girl!)

 


  

  
  
The boys have been having a GREAT summer so far with Nana.  She sweetly come to our house to pick up the boys each morning so that I won't feel rushed getting them up and out of the house and they can sleep in and truly enjoy their summer.  They've been swimming a lot at Nana's and this is really helping Carter at bedtime.  He's not napping everyday and is more tired in the evenings.  Although sometimes this means I come home to a grumpy Carter and sometimes, he doesn't quite make it, like this night he fell asleep in Chad's office waiting to go to dinner.  

 


I've been posting a lot of sunrise pictures and last Friday morning when I got up to run I noticed the moon.  It was so bright!  These photos don't do it justice. 



We had donut Friday on the porch last week and the boys decided to share a chair.  Cute!


Riley's been continuing tutoring with his private tutor this summer to make sure he retains his reading, spelling and math skills going into 2nd grade.  His final report card came out today and he continued his streak of all A & B's all year.  I'm very proud of him.  I've noticed him writing more and more, like this post-it I found in his pocket last week.  He made it with Liz when he was up at the theater and it's a gift for one of the old KWC staffers that he liked.  Adorable!

  
Riley is also continuing his dedication to the Harry Potter series.  We finished the 2nd book on Saturday and watched the movie that night to celebrate.  We've now started the 3rd book, which is really starting the real reading/listening challenge because we are now to the point where Riley has not seen the 3rd movie and does not have any preconceived notions on what happens.  He's really having to picture the story in his head as I read it to him.  Needless to say we are pausing more while I read to 1) make sure he is listening and 2) talk about what words mean that he doesn't understand.  I like when I read something and he asks "What is that?" or "What does that mean?" and I know he is really paying attention.

Chad found a bird's nest in one of our front trees this weekend and there are 3 eggs inside!!  Maybe we'll have baby birds soon.
 

I also noticed that a bunch of tiki torches we placed in the backyard last October are now vine covered.  So beautiful!  Too bad we never really use our backyard in this house!
 
  

Sunday was Father's Day, but Chad had to work most of the day so we celebrated on Saturday evening by watching the 2nd Harry Potter movie.  Everyone was snuggled up on Chad.
 
  
We also gave Chad his gifts - a new Apple TV as well as the below framed piece from Carter.  I made one of these for Chad when Riley was 4 and now he has one from Carter at the same age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment