Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Extreme Makeover - Sarah Edition

Last week started out like a normal week for us until Wednesday around 10:00 at night when I was scrambling to find care for Riley since his daycare had been closed due to swine flu. Thankfully Chad’s mom was able to help us out last Thursday and Friday by watching Riley for us. On Thursday night my mom picked Riley up from Chad’s parents so that I could see the last final dress rehearsal for the opera festival for Chad’s opera, Dead Man Walking. I have to say I really enjoyed the entire opera festival this season. The operas were all so different and I really enjoyed each one of them. This is a difficult time of year for Chad & I due to the amount of time the opera takes in Chad’s schedule, but we are very blessed that he has the opportunity.

On Friday night we got together with our good friends, Jason, Kate & Elizabeth. It had been way too long since we had seen each other. Jason and Kate are Riley’s godparents and Chad & I are Elizabeth’s godparents. They came to our house and we had Chinese delivered and we got to play with the kiddos and the boys even got to play some Wii.

On Saturday Riley & I did a bit of finger painting. It was the first time I had finger painted with him and I was REALLY glad that I got the washable finger paints as he had it on his clothes, skin and even in his hair! It was a blast though and I got a couple pics.



After finger painting I stripped off his clothes to wash them and Riley decided to play some music for me on the piano:


He is getting much better at not pounding the keys and maybe I’m just partial, but I really like his music!

On Saturday morning Chad & I talked and decided that we could not wait another week to pick up Princess, our new puppy, so I called the foster mom and asked if we could pick her up Saturday night. We drove through the rain storms to get our new baby and as soon as we got home Chad had to head to his last opera opening so I was left to fend for myself with the new zoo in our house. I did clean up a lot of accidents on the floor, from both the new puppy and Niki. Oh and I forgot to mention that we were babysitting my parents dog, Kori, and she was being very protective of me. But we made it through the evening. I must admit that Princess slept in bed with us the first two nights, but last night she slept in her crate like a big girl! Riley is still learning how to deal with a hyper puppy, but each day gets better and I am sure they will be best friends in no time.

On Sunday we skipped our usual lunch with Grammy due to the bad weather, but we still did our weekly grocery shopping and I also picked up the ingredients to make some cheesecake cupcakes. I found the recipe on one of the blogs I follow, makeundermylife. I was proud that I got them right on the first try! There are a few tweaks I will make when I make them again this weekend for my family for Mother’s Day, but overall I did pretty good the first time. Chad & I had all 12 (well, my mom did get one!) polished off by last night, so they must have been good! Here is a photo of my creation:



On Sunday night Riley and I ended our weekend having dinner with my mom. It was such a nice end to the week and I really needed her and had missed her over the weekend. She told me about her trip to Houston and we shared a few tears telling stories about Jake, but it was so great to see her.

I would usually wait to post this last thing until next week, seeing as it happened yesterday, but I know people that I don’t see every day are dying for pictures. Last night I got my haircut. Normally I don’t do anything drastic, but this time I chopped my hair off, ending up with the shortest haircut I think I have ever had! I really wanted a cooler hairdo for summer as it takes FOREVER to dry my long hair. I found a photo I liked and brought it in and presto, new Sarah! It’s going to take a bit of getting used to, but so far I am really liking it! I think it looks way better in person, but here are the before & after photos:



Have a good week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Love you new hair dew Sarah!! :o)

    ((HUGS))
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new do!!! Lol, I have to admit I was thinking it was super duper short because of the way you were talking - but I love it!! It looks great on you! Kuddos to you on your cheesecake cupcakes - watch out Martha Stewart!! :-) J/k
    :-)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete