Monday, May 18, 2009

Haircuts should not be painful!

On Thursday we took Riley for a haircut. This is his third or fourth haircut. (It’s hard to remember after the first one!) The last time Chad took him, he asked that I be there the next time because Chad also gets his haircut and it was hard to watch Riley while he was also trying to get his hair cut. I tried to make a Saturday appointment with Kayla, but she could only fit us in on Thursday evening at 5:15pm. I figured this would work because Chad would get there early with Riley and they could cut Riley’s first and then by the time I got there, they could move on to Chad & I could watch Riley. I got a call from Chad just as I was turning onto the street that the salon is on and all I could hear was screaming and crying. Turns out Riley was not too keen on getting his hair cut. By the time I walked in though Kayla had done the best she could and we vowed to never again not have both of us there when Riley is getting his hair cut.

On Friday morning as I got in the car I discovered that my car battery was dead! Thankfully Chad was leaving at the same time and he let me drive him to a meeting and then use his car to drop off Riley. I was dropping off Riley at daycare because they were having a belated ‘Muffins For Mom’ to celebrate Mother’s Day. Riley LOVED the poppy seed mini muffins and had two (so much for the ‘for mom’ part!) and it was cool for me to talk for a few minutes with some of the other moms who have kids in his class. I was also presented with a framed photo and drawing from Riley. Here is a picture of it:

His teacher, Miss Anna, told me they took a lot of pictures of him trying to get him to face the camera and he just wouldn’t! So this is what I ended up with! It makes me smile! I guess Riley’s not cut out to be a child model!

That evening my dad came over to replace my battery. He was speedy quick, but I was able to get a photo of him working on my car! I love you Dad!

On Friday night, Chad went out with his brother, Blake, for Part 1 of Blake's bachelor party. He got home pretty late and so the next morning I tried to keep Riley occupied while Chad slept in. We decided to go shopping to try and find me something to wear to Blake’s fiancée, Rebecca’s bachelorette party. I found something and then we headed home to bring Chad lunch and before we could get there Riley fell asleep in the car. That night I went out to Rebecca’s bachelorette party at Mi Cocina and Pete’s Dueling Piano Bar. It was a good time and I snapped this pic of my future sister-in-law at dinner (she's the one wearing the tiara!):

We are very excited for Blake and Rebecca to get married this weekend and for Rebecca to officially become a part of the Jung Family!

On Sunday, we did our usual: grocery shopping followed by brunch at Lucile’s with Grammy, Nana & Papa and then an afternoon of laundry while Riley napped. Chad left to go camping for Part 2 of the bachelor party and so Riley and I went over to Nana & Papa’s to hang out and eat dinner over there. While there I was able to pull some old photos, yearbooks, etc for my upcoming class reunion and it was fun to flip through old photos! I am looking forward to that upcoming event!

No comments:

Post a Comment