Today was my doctor's appointment for Carter. It is also my birthday! My day started out with me having trouble sleeping and getting up about an hour before I usually do. I have reached the point where I am not really comfortable in bed no matter what position I am in. Add to that the fact that Riley had nightmares and woke up crying out at 3am, and then requested to lay in Mama's bed, so I had my uncomfortable self, Chad's sometimes snoring self, Niki and Riley all in bed with me. I could not get comfortable, but Riley did really good by laying still and going back to sleep. I did manage to fall asleep at some point, and when I woke I felt something draped over the side of my stomach. At first I thought it was Riley's arm and thought "How cute! He's snuggling with me." and then I realized it was his foot. Chad, Riley and I were making an"H" in bed, with Riley being the middle part. It was at that point that I gave up on sleep, or getting comfortable and got up really early so at least I could take a long hot shower.
Tracy, one of the girls I work with brought in breakfast for my birthday, so that was a really nice start to my work day. I then found out that Sarah, another girl I work with was giving her two weeks notice today. I am in charge of pre-interviewing and lining up final candidates for all open staff positions so I spent the hectic rest of the morning contacting staffing agencies and getting the ball rolling on finding Sarah's replacement before I go into labor!
It was time for my appointment before I knew it and Chad was there to pick me up. Our wait this week was much shorter, which was nice and we were back in the room for the exam fairly quickly. The doctor came in and immediately told me how happy he was that my blood pressure was still looking so good. I was thrilled at this news and told him I was happy also. He then measured my stomach, listened to the heartbeat and did the exam to see if I was any further dilated. I expected to still be at a zero, but was surprised to learn that I was dilated to a 1. I did not reach a 1 with Riley until I had been in the hospital for over 12 hours, so this is a huge improvement! I asked the doctor what his policy was for going past a due date and he said that he feels the golden time to have a baby is between 39 & 41 weeks, which makes it seem like he doesn't really like to go more than a week past a due date. He said once we got closer to my due date we could see how much things had changed and discuss the options then.
I must say that I am especially nervous now to hopefully find a replacement for Sarah's position before I go into labor. The three other girls in my office who do the same job as me were going to cover for me while I was on maternity leave and now there will be two experienced people covering for me and one in training, which makes me more nervous. At least if I have filled the open position before I go on leave, I will feel better about being gone, although I must admit, I am more nervous now and feel sorry for the two girls who will have to pick up all the slack.
After my appointment Chad took me out for lunch for my birthday and then we got ice cream after! Then I went back to the office, where the afternoon flew by. The highlight of my afternoon was when Grandmommy & Riley came up to visit me and brought me a cupcake. It was so fun to see them in the office. Of course Riley thought that my office is where you get candy because he gets candy at Chad's office so he licked on my cupcake and then ate two pieces of my candy.
This evening we met up with my parents at Joe T Garcia's for dinner and had a really nice dinner with them. Chad printed up my 2009 blogs into a binder for me as my birthday present and I will treasure it FOREVER! He did such a great job! My parents got me a bunch of books that I had been wanting to read and they brought Grammy's present to me, which was a prenatal massage that I am soooo looking forward to! Overall, I had a great birthday and look forward to starting this final year of my 20s. And I am still so thrilled to be having a healthy pregnancy and still be vertical. I know that the next few weeks will fly by and Carter Jake will be in my arms before I know it!
Tracy, one of the girls I work with brought in breakfast for my birthday, so that was a really nice start to my work day. I then found out that Sarah, another girl I work with was giving her two weeks notice today. I am in charge of pre-interviewing and lining up final candidates for all open staff positions so I spent the hectic rest of the morning contacting staffing agencies and getting the ball rolling on finding Sarah's replacement before I go into labor!
It was time for my appointment before I knew it and Chad was there to pick me up. Our wait this week was much shorter, which was nice and we were back in the room for the exam fairly quickly. The doctor came in and immediately told me how happy he was that my blood pressure was still looking so good. I was thrilled at this news and told him I was happy also. He then measured my stomach, listened to the heartbeat and did the exam to see if I was any further dilated. I expected to still be at a zero, but was surprised to learn that I was dilated to a 1. I did not reach a 1 with Riley until I had been in the hospital for over 12 hours, so this is a huge improvement! I asked the doctor what his policy was for going past a due date and he said that he feels the golden time to have a baby is between 39 & 41 weeks, which makes it seem like he doesn't really like to go more than a week past a due date. He said once we got closer to my due date we could see how much things had changed and discuss the options then.
I must say that I am especially nervous now to hopefully find a replacement for Sarah's position before I go into labor. The three other girls in my office who do the same job as me were going to cover for me while I was on maternity leave and now there will be two experienced people covering for me and one in training, which makes me more nervous. At least if I have filled the open position before I go on leave, I will feel better about being gone, although I must admit, I am more nervous now and feel sorry for the two girls who will have to pick up all the slack.
After my appointment Chad took me out for lunch for my birthday and then we got ice cream after! Then I went back to the office, where the afternoon flew by. The highlight of my afternoon was when Grandmommy & Riley came up to visit me and brought me a cupcake. It was so fun to see them in the office. Of course Riley thought that my office is where you get candy because he gets candy at Chad's office so he licked on my cupcake and then ate two pieces of my candy.
This evening we met up with my parents at Joe T Garcia's for dinner and had a really nice dinner with them. Chad printed up my 2009 blogs into a binder for me as my birthday present and I will treasure it FOREVER! He did such a great job! My parents got me a bunch of books that I had been wanting to read and they brought Grammy's present to me, which was a prenatal massage that I am soooo looking forward to! Overall, I had a great birthday and look forward to starting this final year of my 20s. And I am still so thrilled to be having a healthy pregnancy and still be vertical. I know that the next few weeks will fly by and Carter Jake will be in my arms before I know it!
That was an awesome idea for a present! Go Chad! :)
ReplyDelete