Thursday, February 18, 2010

We Have A Plan

To start this week, here are some pictures from my Joe T's Birthday dinner last week. Seems like so long ago....so much has happened since then!

(I love how sweet Riley looks here!)



(Helping Mommy blow out her candles)


The day after my birthday the temperatures started dropping and snow started falling. I went to work last Thursday, but it had snowed all night and the snow continued to fall all day so they ended up letting us leave work early to assure we got home safely. Here is our house after the first night of snowfall. Keep in mind it snowed for almost another 24 hours straight!



We ended up with record snowfall in Fort Worth! We didn't measure it at our house, but at my parents they got 9 inches! This is the most snow I have ever seen in my entire life! I didn't really get out in it much though. While it was pretty, I am not much of a fan of the cold. Kate, Jason and Elizabeth ended up losing power at their house and came over to our house early Friday morning. They had spent the night in their house with no power, which we thought was crazy and we welcomed them with open/warm arms! The Fort Worth School District closed on Friday, which meant Riley's daycare was closed. I ended up staying home with him and Kate and Liz. Jason had to go to work and Chad had to drive to Dallas for a work meeting in the middle of the day. At one point when all of us were home the boys went outside and built a snowman in the front yard. I think Chad & Jason built most of it, but I think Riley had fun too!

(Riley liked to rake the snow)

(Riley and Uncle Jason with our snowman!)





On Saturday morning Kate discovered that their power was back on and they loaded up to head home. I had a board meeting for Jake Remembered so Chad & I headed over to my parents house. Riley had spent Friday night at their house and so he was waiting for us when we got there.

On Sunday we went to the grocery store in the morning. We were really worried that Riley was going to misbehave as he had been in a really foul mood. We also had to pick out 3 birthday presents for an upcoming birthday party. I was worried as how Riley was going to deal with that. We ended up letting him get a truck for Valentines Day and that ended up saving our shopping trip! Here is a video of Riley pushing his truck through Target!



After this he actually sat in the seat of a normal sized shopping cart and rode around playing with his truck while we did our shopping. It was the best Target experience we have had in a LONG while!

That evening we went over to Chad's parents house for dinner. Chad's mom was sweet enough to make dinner for my birthday, along with a scrumptious lemon pie for dessert! We had a great time visiting and they got me a pregnancy massage for my birthday! I am sooo looking forward to the two massages in my future! Rebecca was there, but Blake was at the NBA All Star Game. They got me a Gap gift certificate and I can't wait to go shopping before I head back to work from maternity leave.

Speaking of work I am thrilled to report that after only 1 week and 1 day, preliminary and final interviews were conducted for the open position at my office and an offer was made to a new candidate today and she starts tomorrow! I learned a lot by holding all the preliminary interviews and narrowing down the candidates and I am really excited to get to know the girl that they hired!

Unfortunately, I am not going to get to know her until April. We went to my weekly doctor's appointment yesterday and it seems my luck has run out. My blood pressure was 152/90, which is higher than it was when I was put on bed rest with Riley. The good news is I did not have really bad swelling and there was no protein in my urine, so the only preeclampsia symptom that was bad was my blood pressure. They went ahead and took blood to check my platelets and liver function, but the doctor is pretty sure those will come back normal. He suggested that I lay down for a few hours every morning and afternoon and just relax around the house after that. He did not realize that I was still working and when I told him that I was he suggested that it was time to stop. I had 4 preliminary interviews lined up yesterday so I asked if I could hold those and wrap things up at the office and he said that would be fine. He then told me that they were going to go ahead and schedule me for an induction for next Wednesday. I will go back to the doctor on Monday to see if I am dilated any further (I was at 2cm yesterday) and that will determine whether we will check into the hospital Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. So it seems that unless I go into labor on my own, Carter Jake Jung will be born on February 24. Get ready for the crazy part...February 24 is Jake's birthday. Guess my little brother is up in Heaven pulling some strings of his own and he wants his little namesake nephew to share his day! This was the only part of the news that brought tears to my eyes.

So I headed back to work and rapidly held my interviews and wrapped things up at the office as best I could. I have to say that being on bed rest, but having an end already in sight is a much better scenario than the last time around. I am actually looking forward to getting some time to myself these next 5 days and I think maybe God knew I needed that too. Our friends and family are being so kind to help with Riley as Chad is finishing up an opera in Denton this week and then we will all welcome little Carter. I am also happy to report that Carter's nursery is 100% complete and I'll leave you today with some pictures of the finished room. I will try to write one more time after Monday's appointment and then the next post will hopefully be announcing our newest family member!










(I had a nameplate just like this growing up and my mom bought one for Riley and now Carter also. What great tradition!)





1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    Sorry to hear about the BP, but it looks like it is all working out for an even bigger reason! How special for Carter and Jake to share a BDay, I love it! Good luck to you guys, I can't wait to see photos of Carter!

    ReplyDelete