Sunday, October 23, 2011

Soccer 2011

Riley's first soccer season has almost come to an end.  His last game is this week, and while I don't think he's too sad to be leaving soccer behind, we are really poud of him and who knows....maybe he'll want to play again next year.

Here is his individual picture.  What a cutie!


Coach Chad has done a superb job, along with Coach Papa and Coach John.  Sometimes I think Chad had more fun coaching than Riley did playing.  This picture below, makes him look like he sure had this team of 4 year olds all working together!  Look at all those hands behind their backs!!


Coach Papa had a good time too and it was really fun to watch the boys warm up to him!


I quickly learned that a blanket was necessary to corral the half of the team that wasn't playing and my thanks go out to those other blanket parents who sat and helped as well.  As you can see, Riley preferred his puppy chair.  Maybe he's destined to be a director?



I adored watching Chad interact with the kids and getting to observe how great he is with them!  He always found energy to keep them excited and was really great at learning each child's individual strengths.


Riley's favorite position to play was goalie.  Partly because then he didn't have to run around, but also because then he got to wear the super-cool yellow goalie shirt.


 It was a fun Fall watching these kiddos play soccer and while I will miss going to games each week, I'll be glad to get my Saturdays back.  Just in time for the holidays!

GO TLCC DRAGONS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment