Friday, October 7, 2011

Updates

I've gotten a little behind on my updates lately.  Work has been really busy and since we got back from Disney I have been swamped both at work and at home.  Check out my new blog header at the top of the page!  Super excited about it as it's the first one that has featured the whole family!

One of the things keeping us busy is Riley's soccer schedule.  He is doing a good job playing and Chad and Papa are doing great jobs as Coach and Assistant Coach.  Our last practice was this week and Chad had fun just playing with the kids.  We still have about 2.5 more weeks of games, but we have two games a week for two weeks in a row, so we decided not to practice when they have so many games coming up.
 


I've been staying really busy with my rowing classes.  I finished the official classes last weekend and am now certified to row in a single beginner boat on my own.  They do supervised rowing on Wednesday evenings so I went to that this week and got some practice when it was a bit windier.  I added a link to the Fort Worth Rowing Club on the right of this blog if anyone is interested in checking it out for themselves.  I hope to get out on the river at least 2x a week, so we will see if I can keep up with that goal.  I was excited to realize that I am in better physical shape than I first thought and I'm looking forward to getting even stronger as time goes on.

Riley's also been staying busy once a week with his Kids Who Care classes and he's enjoying them still.  His class at TLCC even got to go on a fieldtrip this week to see Choices at Kids Who Care so that was pretty awesome.  Chad was excited to have the kids there and I think the kids were equally excited to get to go on their first field trip as pre-kinders at school!

Speaking of school, Riley is learning A LOT as a pre-kinder at TLCC.  Every week they have a letter of the week and they have to bring 3 things in a quart size baggie that start with that week's letter.  They then spend the week learning how to write that letter (both upper and lowercase) and by the end of 3 weeks in his new class, Riley was writing his own name!  I was one super-impressed Mommy!


Another thing keeping us busy on Sunday mornings is church.  We've started trying to go every Sunday and the Sunday after Disney we were tired and asked Riley if he wanted to go.  He said no, so we skipped, but about noon that day he said "I want to go to church."  When I explained that church was over he got REALLY upset and so we promised that we would go the next week.  Riley is really enjoying going to the 4 year old nursery at church and playing with his school friends Jake and Jack at church.  We are also enjoying seeing Jake, Jake and their parents each Sunday as well as spending some church time with Grandmommy & Haha.

Last weekend was also the 5th Annual Jake Remembered Softball Tournament.  It had gotten rained out from mid-September and Oct 1 turned out to be a beautiful Fall day!  We ended up missing most of the tournament due to soccer and rowing, but we made it for the championship game and got to watch Team Phantom beat Team Somethin' Nasty for the championship.




Finally, Riley & Carter are having lots of fun as usual spending time with both sets of grandparents.  Nana & Papa (and Memaw!) watched the boys this week so I could row and they spent the night last night with Grandmommy & Haha.  Grandmommy & Haha took Riley to buy new boots and this morning I got these photos from Grandmommy.  Looks like Carter got new boots too!  But the greatest part of this picture is him pulling around his little suitcase!  He was so upset when we got to school yesterday and we had to put his suitcase away.  He just bawled as I left school.  Looks like he convinced Grandmommy & Haha that it would be fun to pull his suitcase around the mall!  Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment