Sunday, January 22, 2012

Artistic Cowboys With Pink Eye

On Thursday night Riley asked to go to Pappas Burger.  He, Carter & I all enjoyed chocolate milkshakes.  I love that they have giant straws!  Little kids + giant straws = sooo cute!!!



Also on Thursday night we noticed that Carter's eyes looked bad and thought he might have pink eye.  We already had some antibiotic eye drops at home so we just kept him home from school on Friday and got the meds started.  Chad ended up taking him with him to some meetings and then they picked me up from work at 4pm and we went to pick up Riley.  We surprised the boys by taking them to the Stock Show.  The weather was amazing and I wanted to take advantage of it.

As soon as we arrived at the stock show Riley wanted to ride the ponies.  He chose the biggest pony and rode all by himself.  Chad walked alongside Carter while he rode.




Then we walked next door to the petting zoom where Carter and Riley both fed the animals.  The goats loved Carter and for a minute, one goat thought my cell phone could possibly have been some food!




Riley found this adorable bunny to pet and I gave him a few strokes also, not thinking about how I am allergic to rabbits.  The rest of the afternoon, my allergies were acting crazy!


Next we made our way to the midway.  Riley and Carter both rode the train.  They had fun, although you couldn't tell from Carter's Mr. Serious face. 





Then the boys rode the smaller of the big slides.  Riley went down all by himself!



And Chad went down with Carter on his lap.

(excuse my finger in the way)

Then we walked over to the bigger rides and the big slide.  Riley decided he wanted to ride it also, so Chad took him on it first. 


And then I took him on it a little later.  It was quite a climb to the top, but it was really fun!

 

Riley really wanted to ride a rollercoaster.  The one at the front was having maintenance done, so we went and rode this one instead.  Riley wanted Chad or I to ride with him, but we explained that the cars were too small for us to fit and so Riley rode by himself.  In the front car, of course!


Carter was starting to get angry about not getting to ride any rides, so we talked Riley into riding the Dumbo ride with Carter.

 
 Riley also played a carnival game where he fished for 3 fish and won a stuffed snake for a prize.





We then talked the boys into walking around to see the animals.  We made our way to the arenas and were about to watch a reining competition, but we all got antsy and decided to walk around some more.




Eventually we made our way back to the midway, where the rollercoaster that had been undergoing maintenance was functional again.  They wouldn't let Riley ride alone, so I rode it with him.


It was a lot of fun at the Stock Show and the boys did not want to leave.  Eventually we got them in the car and we picked up some Chick Fil A on the way home.

Yesterday Chad had a board meeting all day so I spent the morning with the boys at home.  We made pancakes and played trains and then colored a lot.  I am really impressed with Riley's artistic talents.  He is getting so good!

First though, Carter is getting art sent home now from school and here is one of his recent paintings.


Here are some of the drawings Riley did yesterday.  The first one is a drawing of horses.  An entire family of horses!

(excuse the folds in the paper.  we were folding everything into treasure maps.)

This next one is a treasure map that I helped him with, but he drew a lot of it himself!  He drew the clouds and the sun, the coconuts in the palm tree, a row boat, his name, people in the pirate ship, ladders in the pirate ship, and anchor coming off the boat and a blue rock that the anchor is holding onto.


Riley was able to further hone his artistic talents at Kate's 5th birthday party later in the afternoon.  It was at Van Grow Kids Art Studio and when we arrived Riley started out the party by making me a beaded necklace.  Then they had all the kids sit down to make clay figures.


The boys made gnomes and the girls made fairies.


(Riley's gnome)
 Then all the kids got to paint their own magic wand.  Riley painted his lime green and covered it in green jewels.





He did a really great job painting it and was so focused with his paint brush.

Unfortunately, we also noticed that he had come down with pink eye as well, so now he's joined Carter in the eye drop regimen.

Last night the boys spent the night with Nana & Papa so that we could go to Chad's aunt & uncle's house for drinks.  We had a great time visiting and today has been low-key.  I was going to row today, but there is a wind advisory, so it's too windy to row.  I can hear the wind hitting the house as I type.  If you are curious what it looks like when I row, check out this video from last weekend.  I am in the front of the boat wearing a long-sleeve purple shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment