Last Friday when I picked the boys up from school they both had ice cream smiles! I think they both had the same "spiderman" ice cream. Riley's "smile" tried to stay put for the weekend, even after I scrubbed his face in the bath!
I can't remember why Riley asked me to take this photo of Chad, but it makes me smile, so I'm including it anyway.
Last Saturday we went to Holden & Stella's 2nd Birthday Party. We had a great time bouncing in the bouncehouse and playing with our friends.

That night the boys spent the night with Nana & Papa so that Chad & I could surprise Jason for his birthday. Before we surprised him at Fox & Hound Chad & I went downtown to eat dinner at 8.0's followed by the Mission Impossible movie. It was fun to surprise Jason and we had a great time visiting and playing pool.
While the boys were at Nana & Papa's, Nana taught Riley how to play the game Trouble. She beat him. The next day at the grocery store I picked up a Trouble game for our house and Riley played me that night before dinner. He was very bossy about the rules and I wasn't quite sure what Nana had taught him, as his rules were not quite right. He did beat me, but he cheated a bit. I had flashbacks of a Parenthood episode I had just watched where the parents always let their child win and when she lost for the first time she was a very sore loser! I was petrified that Riley would end up that way. So on Monday night I called Nana to confer with her regarding the rules she had taught Riley and that night Riley and I played again. And this time he beat me fair and square!!
We were very proud of Riley last Sunday when he went up for Children's Time at church all by himself! He made Haha go up wirh him today, but we were very proud of him last week. Baby steps...
I was pretty busy in the evenings this week and I was thankful that Chad was able to help out with the boys. On Tuesday I had a Cookin' For Kids meeting. On Wednesday night I went up to the boathouse to do an erging workout and on Thursday night I had WARM Place. On Friday night we decided to take the boys to Chuck E Cheese for dinner because as Riley said "we hadn't been there in awhile."
Carter had fun counting his tokens.
And then he just wanted to walk around and insert tokens in any and every game.
Chad enjoyed taking first Riley on this plane ride.
And then Carter.
Riley liked the games with guns.
And the train ride.
And especially Bob The Builder.
Carter got in on the Bob The Builder action also.
Riley was also really serious about the horse ride.
He was even decked out in the appropriate clothes.
Riley talked to Chuck E for a bit (love his green eyes!!)
But my favorite part of the night was when Riley and I played skeeball together. We played game after game and crazily, he beat me most games! It was such a blast!
And just a few more games before we headed home to go to bed.
We've had a nice weekend at home. Yesterday was pretty lazy until the evening when Chad had to take Jason to the ER to get stitches and then we went to the grocery store.
Today was church, followed by lunch at Grandmommy & Haha's to celebrate Chad's birthday and hear about Grandmommy's recent trip to Isreal. We also got to see the progress on their new addition to their house before Chad took the boys home to nap and I headed out to row for the first time since before Thanksgiving. It was so good to get out on the river again. I rowed in the stroke (front) position on a quad so I set the stroke rate. They videoed our progress and we got to watch it after and get critiques It was pretty cool to see what we were doing wrong/right. Now I'm a good kind of sore and looking forward to dinner with the boys, followed by hopefully a bath to ease my sore muscles.




















No comments:
Post a Comment