Monday, December 9, 2013

Iced In - 4 days and counting.....

We began the week with a call to the dentist for Riley.  As you can see from the photo below his front tooth is wedged in front of the other one and will not come out.  Adult tooth is growing in behind.  After sending this photo to the dentist, they said to give it 3 more weeks and that Riley should be wiggling it on his own for 30 minutes a day. (yea right!)  Chad is trying really hard to get him to wiggle it, but that is a LONG time each day to just be wiggling a tooth!


The boys also helped Grandmommy get her tree decorated last weekend.  Riley also is very proud that he can now pick Wyatt up on his own.



Carter must be going through a growth spurt as he continues to put himself down for naps on his own.  He's so cute when he's all curled up sleeping.


On Thursday there was talk of a Winter Storm coming through that evening.  At lunch Thursday I rushed to Target to stock up on a few essential grocery items and I'm glad I did because my Friday morning we were living in a land of ice.



I've tried to keep the boys busy with activities each day.  On Friday morning we attempted to make Grammy's iced sugar cookies for the first time ever.  Here they are pre-decorating.


I must have done something wrong with the dough because it wasn't congealing with the flour and so I ended up having to add a lot of water to get the dough to come together.  Made for a sort of bland cookie.  Not horrible, but not quite right.  The boys had a great time decorating them anyway.





After decorating them I left the icing to dry and left them on the center of the kitchen table and went to my room to read a book.  Princess made her way on top of the table and ate about 20 cookies before we realized it.  Thankfully she did not get sick, but man was I annoyed!!!

We've taken the boys out to play in the ice 1x a day since Friday.  On Saturday, our neighbor, Tanya, let the boys borrow a sled and Chad took them over to Lily B to sled down a hill.  I had a bit of work to do, but once I finished I joined them.  So FUN!



The same neighbor also organized a dinner at a neighborhood restaurant down the street on Saturday night and her boyfriend even drove me and the boys down in his giant truck.  Chad walked.  It has been our only time to really get out of the house all weekend and it was so nice!

I can tell the boys are getting a bit stir crazy as yesterday Riley made a board game for us to play called Numbers Ahoy! (he wrote it "123 Ahoe")  It was actually a really fun game, just as good as a real board game! 


Carter's activity yesterday was to take all the hands off of the Lego characters.  (A bit creepy, yes!) and then he sorted the hands by color and counted them (to 28!).  I wish I knew what he was going to be when he grows up!  Such organization and discipline to find all those tiny hands, count and sort them!



We took the sled out again yesterday and went back to Lily B and this time the boys tried out an even steeper hill.  Such daredevils!!


In addition to school being cancelled Friday, they also cancelled it again today and so I'm working from home again today.  I'm really ready for all of this ice to melt and for life to get back to normal again.  Plus, I really don't like being cold!!  The boys have helped me wrap all the Christmas presents we have so far and we even made our own gift tags.  Getting awfully crafty here being iced in!

No comments:

Post a Comment