Riley had been asking me for weeks to make cupcakes, specifically strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing. I could not find pre-made strawberry icing, so we settled for cream cheese icing. Here's my little cupcake maker. He's getting really good at helping me with the instructions.

On Saturday the boys headed to Nana & Papa's and Chad & I went to a fundraiser for TLCC. It was a 60's themed party and we had a lot of fun getting together with friends before the party to get ready.
On Sunday we met the boys and Nana & Papa at Lucile's to have brunch for my birthday (which was on Monday). It was so nice to go to Lucile's. I miss having brunch there every Sunday with Grammy.
Monday was the "birthday of flowers" from my coworkers and from Liz and Zach (so sweet!). My little cubicle area has been smelling like a flower shop all week!
On Monday, Chad's parents took us to lunch at Sushi Axiom to celebrate my birthday. 33 was a low-key birthday and I enjoyed it.
On Tuesday morning Chad got up really early to get in line at Lily B before 6am to get on the wait list for Universal Pre-K at Lily B. His timing paid off because we got Carter the 1st spot on the wait list for Pre-K next year. As long as the 2 classes do not fill up with need-based students, Carter will get a spot. Fingers crossed! While we will miss TLCC greatly, it would be nice to not have to pay for daycare and also to have both of the boys at the same school.
Riley has been working hard at school. This morning he showed me his 100th day of school project, which was to write about what he might be like at 100 years old.
He wrote: "When I am 100 years old I will lay in bed and watch Harry Potter. I will not run because I am 100 years old. I'll walk with my grandson. My grandson loves to run."

I hope all these things come true. That he lives to 100 and that he has a grandson. Notice the Harry Potter scar and Harry Potter glasses on his drawing? Riley is only slightly obsessed with Harry Potter lately. Probably because I didn't want him to watch the movies and Haha went ahead and showed him the first movie and part of the 2nd movie. We've warned Haha that if Riley gets nightmares from the movies we will be calling Haha (no matter the time of night) to deal with a frightened Riley.
Riley has also started tutoring at school on Wednesdays and also with a private tutor on Tuesdays and Thursdays to work on his reading and spelling. I really hope this is the key to unlocking his understanding of the written word. We really don't want school to be a struggle for him.
On the other hand, the below picture is of something Carter found at the PTA meeting last night and he held it up to me and said without any assistance said: "It says hug." Wow. He's not quite 4. He may be my reader.......
Today is Valentine's Day and in addition to the boys valentines parties at school, Riley asked me to make him a valentine last night and lay it on top of him when he woke up this morning. I had to scramble a bit, but made the boys red hearts out of construction paper and they were both carrying them around with them this morning. I love how something so simple can be so special to them.
Liz also sent Riley a Valentine video.
He asked "What does it mean to be someone's valentine?" and I said "It means to be their love." and he said "Let's not talk about that."
But then he made her this video.
And Zachary also made a video for Carter. What sweet kiddos.






No comments:
Post a Comment