Thursday, May 29, 2014

Every Day Is A Gift

The incomparable Taylor took some amazing photos at Zachary's party (which I blogged about previously).  I love that she documents the lives of her friends and their children!!





I've been on a role with my running.  Even running without my running buddy sometimes.  I've also been going to barre classes 2x per week (along with running 3x per week) so I'm up to an average of working out 5x per week. I feel really good - strong - just wish those #s on the scale were going down.  I keep telling myself that muscle weighs more than fat and my clothes don't feel any tighter so I'm doing my best to feel good about myself!  I love that when I run, while hard to get out of bed initially, once I'm out running with the sunrise, I feel so good.  Views like this make it worth getting out of bed!

  
We had a movie date in the neighborhood a couple of weekends back and Riley spent the night with the Loveladys after (Carter wanted to go home).  Riley is such a snugglebug and Kate sent me this snuggly-sweet photo.


Grandmommy & Haha got a puppy!  Her name is Daisy and she is a vizsla.  And he is ADORABLE!  She's got some sharp puppy teeth, but besides her teething chews is very calm and sweet!


  
The Colonial Golf Tournament was last week in Fort Worth and Chad took the boys to a kid-friendly event the Sunday before the tournament, where the boys got lots of golf swag and Riley got to see TCU's SuperFrog.


And I chopped my hair off!  Summer hair!  I really love it!  It's so much easier to style than I expected and really fun.

  
Riley is READY for school to be out for the summer and Carter is about to start his last week at his little daycare next week.  It is so bittersweet to say goodbye to that little school.  We've been having a lot of fun at home lately.  Riley and I are reading the Harry Potter books together (we're on Book 2) and Riley went on a bit of a circus kick last week after reading a book about the circus for homework.  He and Carter put on a circus show for us one night before bed and they put up their little circus tent, where they convinced me to let them eat dinner the next night!


Last weekend we had some friends spend the night on Friday night.  Keller is Riley's age and Mattie is Carter's age and we've known these friends since before Carter & Mattie were even born!  We had a great time playing chess and eating pizza on the porch and the next morning we had cinnamon rolls and waffles for breakfast before meeting up with other friends to swim.  It was a great sleepover!





Papa celebrated his birthday last week and on Saturday we took him to dinner at Il Cane Rosso in Fort Worth.  It was destined to be because they had a sandwich called the Johnny C, which Nana, Papa & I all got.  It was amazing!

  
We then went back to the house to have cupcakes that Riley, Carter & I had made for Papa.


  
In a bit of sad family news - Chad's aunt Jannice passed away last week after a 5 month battle with cancer (that was very similar to the type of cancer Jake had).  It's been a very emotional week for the family so please keep them all in your prayers.  Here is my favorite photo of Jannice with Riley this past Christmas.  She brought all sorts of crafts for the boys to do and was so sweet with them.


Hug the ones you love just a little bit tighter today.  Every day is a gift.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment