Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Sweet Mother's Day

Our days and weeks have ever so slightly been slowing down.  We've spent a lot of time with friends and together, enjoying the nicer weather and being together.  Riley and Liz recently played some Wizard's Chess on the Lovelady porch (more about Riley's Harry Potter obsession later)

 
  
Riley has been helping to take care of a neighbor's plants, watering them for her, which is good because I got two plants for Mother's Day that I will now try not to kill!



We took a fun trip to Petsmart a couple of weeks ago and Princess thought Carter's lap looked like a good place to sit!

  
We saw a ladybug on the window on the way to school one day!  Carter especially likes to stop on the walk to Lily B to look for rolly pollys and also snails.


Riley has been making a lot of art lately and some of it is REALLY GOOD!

This first one was around Easter and it is a list of who he will spend Easter with.  Note that he mentions Mimi, Da and Grammy (all of who are no longer alive) as well as "Mom, Dad, Carter, Liz, Uncle Jason, Aunt Kate, Grandmommy, Haha, Memaw, Nana, & Papa"


  
He's also been making a bunch of these paintings in art.  The egg above and the Hogwarts Castle below.  They are really good and I ran into his art teacher and she told me how much fun she's been having doing this art with him.


As I mentioned above Riley is Harry Potter obsessed.  He spent his own money to buy a Nimbus 2000, which is a Harry Potter broomstick and he plays make believe revolving around Harry Potter all the time.  Nana also got both boys Harry Potter glasses and wands that make noise.  Riley and I have also continued to read the Harry Potter books and last night we finished the first book.  This is quite an accomplishment and we plan to celebrate by watching the first movie.  As soon as we finished he immediately asked to start reading book two.  I started this challenge in part to delay Riley from asking to watch the more advanced movies, but also in the hopes that I could instill in him the ability to read a book (or hear a book read to you, in this case) and picture a magical world unfolding in your brain.  This is most of what makes reading so special for me and I hope that I am making the experience just as magical for Riley.

  
We've been to a couple of bday parties the past couple of weeks and at one a couple weeks ago another mom took this shot of her daughter, Stella and Carter.  Notice her diva glare in the first photo and cheese face in the second.  Hilarious!

  
Carter just gets worn out on the weekends.  I discovered that he takes great naps at school every day, which probably explains why he has a bit of insomnia every school night.  He's so well-rested already!  I'm ready for Pre-K next year so he won't be napping everyday and may be tired a bit earlier at night.....we'll see......

  
TLCC hosted a Mother's Day Hot Dog Lunch at school this year and I was able to have a wonderful lunch with Carter.  Made the day so special!


I also made sure to wait and say hi to Liz since Kate couldn't be there and helped her get a plate of food before I headed back to work.

  
On Friday night I met up with Kate & the kids at the Loveladys where the kids enjoyed popsicles before we headed to dinner.  Too bad Zachary's looks like a murder scene!


Chad & Kate were both working Friday night so I took all 4 kids to Chicken Express for dinner (and some Chicken E tattoos) followed by ice cream at Melt for dessert.





Riley wrote me his Mother's Day card this year and I love it so much!


It says "Thank you for everything you did.  I hope you have a very good Mother's Day.  You are so nice Mom.  Thank you for giving me food.  I love you Mom.  I have a present for you."

It brought me almost to tears.  Sweet words from my sweet boy.


And here is the plant!

  
Carter made me the below drawing on my card:


And I also received this hand-painted bag.

  
And just some cute pics of Carter to make you smile!  I really do have the sweetest and cutest boys ever!




No comments:

Post a Comment