The boys have completed their summer swim lessons and I could not be more proud of them! They can both go under water now and hold their breath and neither are using any swim vests or noodles for assistance. The first of these videos are from their final swim lesson with Mrs. Kirk and the last 4 are from the fun they've been having swimming at Nana's.
The boys also completed a week of summer Museum School last week. Carter took a class called "Up In Space" where he learned about rocket ships, astronauts, the solar system and stars. He really liked the class.

Riley took a class called Super Science Squad 2. Where he built a maze, learned about elements, geology and chemical concoctions. He was hesitant the first day about going at all, but once he got there he really enjoyed it also.
I subbed at The WARM Place last week and Chad took the boys to a KWC video shoot the same night. Kate took the below "red" shots at the shoot of Chad and the boys. How cool!
I can't believe it, but the boys final summer week with Nana has arrived. They have had such fun with her! Last week she took them to Robot Park in Benbrook and sent me all of these photos. Brings back so many memories of my childhood!
Chad had to work most of the weekend so I took the boys for summer haircuts Saturday morning and we followed that up with the movie Planes: Fire & Rescue. The boys saw this Transformers sign in the theater lobby and insisted on posing for a photo.
I can't believe the summer is starting to wrap up already. A few more weeks until the start of school. Thankfully we still have some fun summer activities planned for August.
Last week I had my top braces placed. They have not been much fun and my eating sure has changed! Lots of soft foods, and not a lot of bread or other foods that can get stuck in my braces. It's been a learning process for sure, like this morning when I went in for an emergency ortho appointment thinking that I had food stuck in my gums behind a front tooth and turns out I was just feeling the ridge on the back of a tooth that I had never felt before. And eating sure has lost it's glamour lately.....12-18 months......I can do this.
Bottom braces will be placed the day after Labor Day and then it will be full on braces fun.





























No comments:
Post a Comment