Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Beach Time, Cracking Eggs, Birthdays and SNOW!

At the beginning of February Chad flew to FL for a couple of weeks for work.  The boys and I enjoyed some pleasant weather.  Lily B hosted a fundraiser at Tommy's Hamburgers and so we went.  Their art teacher was there for a few hours working on an auction item with the kids so the boys helped.


We also went up to Lily B to play and so they could ride bikes in the parking lot.




Carter preferred finding dandelions to riding his bike.
 



But Riley preferred riding his bike.  He's getting very good without his training wheels!
 

The boys celebrated the 100th day of school and Carter's class dressed up like what they would look like at 100 years old. Two of his classmates really got into it!  They looked amazing!
 


Chad was out of town on my birthday so Kate made sure I felt special by having the kids make me birthday cards and she made me a yummy dinner.
 




On the evening of my actual birthday I was volunteering at The WARM Place, but I had just enough time to have dinner with my parents, Memaw and the boys at Esperanza's before.  The boys were great birthday candle blower outers!
 



On February 13th I flew to FL to see Chad's opera opening and the boys spent the weekend with my parents.  They celebrated Valentine's Day at school and at Nana & Papa's where I had presents for them to open.



 

The morning after Chad's opera opening we flew to Ft Lauderdale to visit with our old friend David and his girlfriend, Jess.  We spent part of every day at the beach, and we had such a good visiting time with them.  It was a great weekend that made my heart so happy.


Butterscotch cone in FL!  YUM!











Brainfreeze!
While the weekend was wonderful, I was happy to get home to my boys.  Carter had left me a sweet note on my nightstand, which I saved.  
 

On February 19th Riley performed in his 2nd Grade program at school.  They did a version of the book Stone Soup and Riley had a pretty big part.  We were very proud of him!
 






In late February we had a cold snap happen.  The day before snow and ice were in the forecast I told the boys that they could go and pick the flowers out of the front yard.  They were very excited!
 

That was on a Sunday and Carter tends to get really sleepy on the days after he has a sleepover at Grandmoommy & Haha's.  He fell asleep right across my lap!
 

This is him after this past weekend's sleepover.  Fell asleep at 6:00pm.  I eventually transferred him to his bed around 8:00pm, but he slept all night.  This was the day after the time change, so that may have been the problem, but he sure is sleepy after sleepover nights!

  

On the 23rd Carter and Riley both helped me to bake cupcakes for Carter's birthday.  I had no idea that Carter knew how to crack eggs!  When I asked him who taught him that, he told me it was Grandmommy!


Chad was scheduled to work on Carter's birthday night so we celebrated just our family on the evening of the 23rd.
 




One of Carter's presents was a sleeping bag!
Carter's actual birthday was a snow day from school and Chad ended up not having to go to work. I didn't either and so we celebrated at home.  We also met Nana, Papa & Memaw for lunch at Esperanza's after the roads had thawed a bit.

Riley lost a tooth on Carter's birthday!  This was his 6th tooth to lose.


On February 26th, between the inclement weather days, Carter has his check-up with Dr. Crawdord.  Here are his stats:

Carter (5 years old)
Weight: 46.8 lbs (84%)
Height: 43.5 inches (63%)

On Friday, Feb 27th it started to snow again around 10:00am.  Luckily FWISD did not dismiss elementary schools early so I was able to work all day, which was nice after the couple of snow days earlier in the week.  Roads were a nightmare mid-day and it took Chad 1 hour and 15 minutes to get home from work - this drive usually takes 10 minutes!  This was a view out of my office window.  Thankfully, by the time I headed home the roads were better.
 

Front Yard of our house

Back Yard of our house

On Saturday, February 28th we drove carefully across town, dropped the boys at Nana & Papa's and went to a friend's dad's funeral.  After the funeral we went back to Nana & Papa's where we ate a yummy lasagna that Memaw made and then went sledding down the hill outside their back fence!  It was freezing, but a lot of fun!
 


We were not quite done with the snow yet though!  Overnight from March 4th to March 5th it snowed again!  This time between 3-5 inches.  School was again cancelled and we spent the day at home with the boys.  Our neighbor took these photos for us of our house blanketed in snow!



I really do not have the correct clothes for snowy days and so I refused to leave the house, but Chad took the boys out and they went sledding again in the neighborhood.
 
 

Riley was invited to his friend, Evan's "spy" birthday party and even though it had snowed, the party still happened.  A few weeks before Riley had to complete a cipher in the invitation.  Then the boys all went to the party dressed in black for their spy training!  So fun!



Carter stayed home with us during the party and I caught him and Chad cuddling!  So sweet!
 

Friday morning, March 6th school was on!  My car windows were frosted over though!
 

It's crazy how quickly all the snow melted!  This was our front yard on Saturday morning.
 

Saturday was Carter's 5th Birthday Party.  Originally we had planned to hold the party at our house, but with all the inclement weather, we ended up moving the party a week later and to Pump It Up!  So easy!  And so fun!

























Tay Tay came and took photos at the party for us, but I don't have those yet. I'll post them when I get them.  We had a pinata outside that Chad & Blake figured out how to hang outside of Pump It Up and I'm sure there will be some awesome photos of that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment