Friday, April 10, 2015

Seven Egg Hunts

Sping Break came and went so fast!  Carter had a school project where he had to take "Photo Fanny" around with him during Spring Break and then do a journal where he talked about where he took Fanny.  Nana took Riley, Carter and Fanny to Robot Park, the Modern Art Museum and to visit Memaw and Mimi at Nana & Papa's!












In mid-March we got organized for our neighborhood garage sale.  Our garage now looks much cleaner! (the below photo was pre-sale)


A new addition to our kitchen is Nana & Papa's old kitchen table.  Looks like it always belonged in our kitchen.  Perfect match!

  
Riley and Carter were playing in a big box in our driveway while we cleaned.  At one point I wondered where they were and that was where I found them!


Sweet Carter - I don't even remember the occasion that he fell asleep in my arms, but I love these moments so much.



I finally made it to Lily B to have lunch with Carter in March.  I wanted to wait until later in the school year so he would be well-adjusted and had planned to go on his birthday, but then that was a snow day so finally I made it.  He was so happy!


  
Riley recently sold Cub Scout Camp Cards in front of Kroger.  He did such a good job and Chad & I were both so proud of him.

  
The boys also got to take a trip to see their swim teacher, Mrs. Kirk's pool without water in it!  Very cool.  Thanks to Nana & Papa for taking them there.



  
The box the boys were hiding in earlier was actually a sarcophagus that Nana helped them make.  Memaw also assisted in helping them make mummies for it!  Such fun and crafty grandmas and great grandmas.


Some of Carter's artwork from school.



  
The below one is one of my all time favorites.  When I asked Carter what he drew he said "Those are two people getting married, but I put an "x" cause I hate love."  Hilarious!!


 Chad & I also did some recent gardening in the front yard.  All the plants went back on the porch and we planed some flowers in the front beds.  It looks great!  Looking forward to spending a lot of time on the porch in the near future (before the mosquitos get bad, at least!)

  
Before I knew it, Easter was upon us.  The boys first hunt was the TCU Easter Egg Hunt.  The boys were in different age categories so I stayed with Riley & Chad went with Carter.





  
Next up on the Easter schedule was the Lily B Spring Bonnet Parade.  Thankfully we did a group craft effort with friends to make our "bonnets" this year and the boys were very excited.









  
Riley got to go on a special Field Trip with all the 2nd Grade classes to Newby Park for their final Lily B Easter Egg Hunt.  



 And Carter got to have his hunt at the Lily B Courtyard.





Alex spent the night on Good Friday.  Love what good friends these two are!

  
And on Saturday morning we walked to Newby Park for the Mistletoe Heights Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt.






  


  

  







Saturday afternoon we went to the Millers for some egg-dying fun.  I think the parents did more dying than the kids. (the girls were into it though!)
      




  
And on Saturday night the boys had an impromptu sleepover with Grandmommy & Haha where they got to dye eggs again!



 By mid-day on Easter the boys had participated in 7 Easter Egg Hunts!  Nana & Papa ended up picking them up  that afternoon (after we lunched with Grandmommy & Haha) to go buy Legos for Easter.  They also gave them both Chocolate Star Wars bunnies which they loved - Carter especially!


  
Riley spent 3 days working on his Lego creation - The Imperial Star Destroyer.  He asked us to set his alarm earlier on school days and he got up on his own, got dressed and got to work until his creation was complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment