Friday, May 22, 2015

On the floor - In a sleeping bag - Under an umbrella

Yet again I have been si remiss on updating my blog.  Life is just flying by and it's all I can do to keep up!

Our yard is really blooming due to almost daily rain we've been having in Fort Worth.  This beauty was in the yard back in April.

  
We were also surprised back in April by a weekend visit from our friends David & Jess.  David brought toys for the boys (he knows the way to their hearts!)





  
We walked to dinner that weekend at Esperanza's and enjoyed dining on the patio.





David & Jess left to go home that weekend on Sunday and we took the boys to the Main Street Arts Festival.  It was a nice weekend overall.



Later in April we celebrated our nephew Wyatt's birthday at Pump It Up.






















  
Carter had his PreK school program in late April.  He was not too keen about being onstage..... I'll let the below series speak for itself.
















I took the boys and Riley's friend Alex to see HOME in April.  Cute movie!


 We went to Zachary's birthday party at Medieval Times in late April.  Even though they slept on the way, they woke up for the show.  










  
Kate took her kiddos and Riley to the Open Streets Festival on Magnolia.



  



  
We've enjoyed LOTS of awesome porch sitting time.

  

Carter's drawings continue to blow my mind.
 
"Experiments"

"Carter.  It's raining.  Ant pile restaurant.  Ants go in maze to get to the restaurant."

"Riley is upstairs.  Basement upstairs.  Big door for mom.  Medium door for Carter.  Baby door.  Mom & Carter."
I caught Carter singing in the bathtub a song he learned at school.

  
Spring School photos came home.


  
More of Carter's drawings:

"I made me tall."

"American flag."  (Carter wrote the word American himself.)

"I was trying to make some scary things, but I couldn't make them."

"A teleporter.  A robot and its got a bunch of smashers.  This is where you get inside.  This is where it gets controlled."

"Riley.  Carter.  Papa.  Mom.  House.  Closet.  Secret stairs."
 Late April was a TCU/UT baseball game at TCU.  It was a date for Lily B moms & sons.


  
Riley perfected his bubble beard.


Lily B had Field Day and both boys had a blast!










Carter can read!  He doesn't believe he can, but he can. 

  
Chad & Riley sat outside and watched a storm blow in and perfected their lightning photo taking skills.


The boys made me super sweet Mother's Day cards.  Well, except for the part where Carter wrote that he thought I was 55.










Carter's teacher sent me a photo of him napping with his weather hat on his chest.  Why he naps at school and won't nap for me I'll never know.


Carter plays with Nana's old tea set on a daily basis.  It's home is on his windowsill for tea while lying in bed.


I started Couch to 5K with Riley and our first day out we saw very large birds walking around the ground at Lily B.

  
I helped to chaperone a PreK Field Trip to Trinity Park and the Omni.  Surprisingly fun!


  
The boys helped me sweep a flooded outdoor area at work on Sunday.  So fun to be with them while working.




Riley graduated from Wolf to Bear in Cub Scouts and we gifted him with a walking stick for his superb efforts.




  
And Carter decided last night to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag and under an umbrella.  I mean it HAS been raining a lot.....



No comments:

Post a Comment