Today was another Dr Appointment. Not much happened today, but I'll go ahead and fill everyone in anyway. We arrived and were called back very quickly where they took my weight. I gained 4 pounds in 2 weeks (eek!). Guess my body decided to make up for last time when I had only gained 1 pound in 4 weeks. I'm not too worried about it as I figure if it was an issue they would let me know. Funny how much more nonchalant I am about it all this time around. I know that I will have the chance after Carter is born to work the weight off so I am just not all that worried about it unless the doctor is. My blood pressure was good, but again, the nurse did not tell me the reading, just said that it was good. I saw the physician's assistant this morning and when she came in she mentioned that my glucose test was today and I said that I had it the last time. Chad said the nurse thought the same thing. Turns out they were both reading the wrong line on my chart. So she looked again and realized she was wrong and that I had the test last time and the results were fine. I figured since I hadn't heard from them that the results were good, so I wasn't too concerned about it. She measured my stomach (I meant to ask for the measurement since my mom gave me her measurements from when she was pregnant with Jake) and I forgot. I'll try to remember next time! Then she listened to Carter's heartbeat and it was 135 bpm. That is the slowest it has been, but still a good reading. She asked if I had any questions and I didn't so she said that they would see me in 3 weeks and then start seeing me every 2 weeks. I mentioned that I was already at the 2 week appointments and that I had just been there 2 weeks ago, and she looked and said you're right. I said maybe since I had preeclampsia with Riley that the doctor wanted me to go ahead and start coming in every 2 weeks to watch me more carefully. She checked all my blood pressures in my chart and said that they were looking good, but that she would go ahead and stick with what the doctor was doing and that I should come back in two weeks, not three. That's about all! I'll see the doctor again on December 30!
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment