On Tuesday I had the pest control people out to spray our house. We had some giant ants in the boys’ bathroom, that I’m sure we have the rain to thank for, but I knew when I was scared to kill an ant because it was so big, that it was time to have the house sprayed. Kate was so sweet to bring over lunch that day and it was great to visit with her. I can’t believe her little boy, Zachary, is due in 4 weeks! I can’t wait to meet him!
On Tuesday Riley spent the night at Grandmommy & HaHa’s and Chad was glad because his sore throat had come back slightly and he wanted a night off from Riley duty. We got some decent sleep that night and Chad was better rested on Wednesday.
On Thursday I met up at Yucatan Taco Stand with some friends from high school, Janssen and Erin. It was so good to see them and visit with them! Janssen has so much going on in her life right now and it was good to get caught up on everything! Right as I got up to leave Kate & Chad walked in to Carter & I stayed and visited with them also.
On Saturday Chad & I went to The Grill Shoppe at Fort Worth Butane Gas Co to look at natural gas grills. After almost 6 years in our house, our natural gas grill that has been in our backyard for who knows how long needs to be replaced. We grill at least 3 times a week on average so we knew this was a good investment. We lucked out by searching for grills on the internet and found The Grill Shoppe online. We really liked it there and found out while shopping, that they have been family run since their inception in 1957, and all by the same family. The mom was working there and her son waited on us and they were both very nice! We found a grill we liked and it will be installed on Wednesday! We are so excited!!
On Saturday afternoon Chad went to his office to work and my mom came over with a gift for Riley. She bought him two stick horses, one for him and a second if he wants to play them with a friend. He was so excited and wanted me to play them with him; however, he really wanted his Daddy to play them with him. He likes them so much that he has slept with them in bed with him and taken them with him in the car. We have to teach him about stick etiquette though, as he can get a bit wild swinging his horse around!
On Tuesday Riley spent the night at Grandmommy & HaHa’s and Chad was glad because his sore throat had come back slightly and he wanted a night off from Riley duty. We got some decent sleep that night and Chad was better rested on Wednesday.
On Thursday I met up at Yucatan Taco Stand with some friends from high school, Janssen and Erin. It was so good to see them and visit with them! Janssen has so much going on in her life right now and it was good to get caught up on everything! Right as I got up to leave Kate & Chad walked in to Carter & I stayed and visited with them also.
On Saturday Chad & I went to The Grill Shoppe at Fort Worth Butane Gas Co to look at natural gas grills. After almost 6 years in our house, our natural gas grill that has been in our backyard for who knows how long needs to be replaced. We grill at least 3 times a week on average so we knew this was a good investment. We lucked out by searching for grills on the internet and found The Grill Shoppe online. We really liked it there and found out while shopping, that they have been family run since their inception in 1957, and all by the same family. The mom was working there and her son waited on us and they were both very nice! We found a grill we liked and it will be installed on Wednesday! We are so excited!!
On Saturday afternoon Chad went to his office to work and my mom came over with a gift for Riley. She bought him two stick horses, one for him and a second if he wants to play them with a friend. He was so excited and wanted me to play them with him; however, he really wanted his Daddy to play them with him. He likes them so much that he has slept with them in bed with him and taken them with him in the car. We have to teach him about stick etiquette though, as he can get a bit wild swinging his horse around!


Yesterday we had a very busy day! At 1:30pm we met up with Jill, Rich, Riley Scott, Jason, Kate & Elizabeth at TCU for the TCU Alumni Easter Egg Hunt! This is our third year to go and we always have a great time, although the hunt is over pretty quick! This year the 3 & Under Hunt had age appropriate toys and not a lot of candy, which was nice! After the hunt we roamed the campus with Jason, Kate & Liz, but it was really windy and Carter started to get upset to we headed to the car.
(Do we have a future horned frog on our hands? Too bad Riley thought the horned frogs were dinosaurs!)
(How Carter spent most of the hunt)After the hunt we headed immediately over to Pump It Up for Riley’s friend Cory’s 3rd Birthday Party! We had never been to Pump It Up so I was eager to check it out! Of course in a room full of bounce houses, Riley and his friends preferred to play in the ride-in cars, but they all had a great time and by the end Riley and Chad were both worn out!
(How Carter spent most of Cory's party)After the party Chad & I were talking about how lucky we are to have such a great group of boys at Riley’s school that he is friends with. They all bring such different dynamics to the table and they all really complement each other. Not to mention they all have really great parents that we enjoy visiting with!
Carter is doing well also. He seems to be over the wheezing and I am so relieved about that! He’ll go in for his 1 month check up this week (his doctor was booked up last week when he actually turned 1 month.) He is sleeping pretty well, although we have taken a few steps back since he got sick and he hasn’t slept in his crib since. I am really nervous about when I go back to work because Chad will be working a lot and I hope that both he & I are able to get enough sleep! I just have to keep telling myself to take it one day at a time and try not to think ahead too much because I don’t know where Carter will be 3 weeks from now and so I shouldn’t stress about it! We are thrilled that Carter has started focusing on objects around him as this means he has started liking swinging in the aquarium swing. Little fish turn overhead and he loves to look at them, at least until they lull him to sleep! We call the swing the “magic swing” because if he is fussy and nothing else works, the swing usually does the trick!
Riley is still being a great big brother! On Saturday morning when Chad said couldn’t get Riley milk because he was holding Carter, Riley said “I’ll hold Carter, you get milk!” so he did and it was so cute, Chad got a picture! I love my boys!!








No comments:
Post a Comment