On Tuesday Carter & I met up with my friend from work, Deb to have lunch at Joe T’s. It was beautifully sunny outside, but a bit windy so we had to eat inside instead of getting to enjoy the great patio. Carter was on his best behavior and when we were dropping Deb off back at the office I ran into a couple of other coworkers that I hadn’t seen since Carter was born. It is starting to sink in that I am ready to go back to work. As much as I have loved this time with Carter I also love my job and am really looking forward to getting back to my work routine and plus I miss all my friends up there!
Chad laughed at me this week and said that I must be getting stir-crazy as I organized the junk drawers in our kitchen one day! I also went through Riley’s closet and cleaned out the 2T clothes that he has outgrown. He is solidly in 3T shirts now, although he can still wear his 2T pants. I guess he has short legs! I also went and bought some plastic tubs this week and spent some time in the garage sorting through Riley’s old clothes and labeling the bins for when Carter grows into them!
On Wednesday morning Chad & I took Carter to his 1 month doctor appointment. On the way we dropped Riley off at school and he was so sweet to help carry Carter’s baby carrier into daycare! At the doctor, we had to wait for awhile, which drove Chad crazy because he had a meeting in Dallas he was going to be late for. Finally we saw Dr Crawford and she said that everything looked good! Carter weighed 9 lbs 9 oz. His head measurement was 15 inches and his length was 21.5 inches. He was in the 50% in all three areas! Mr. Average!
Wednesday afternoon our new gas grill was installed! I felt so bad for the guy because it took him over an hour to dig the old grill out of the ground because our dirt is basically rock! He was able to fix the gas smell we had been experiencing from the grill and was the main reason we got a new grill. He estimated that our old grill was 15-20 years old so I think we made a wise investment in getting a new one!
Chad laughed at me this week and said that I must be getting stir-crazy as I organized the junk drawers in our kitchen one day! I also went through Riley’s closet and cleaned out the 2T clothes that he has outgrown. He is solidly in 3T shirts now, although he can still wear his 2T pants. I guess he has short legs! I also went and bought some plastic tubs this week and spent some time in the garage sorting through Riley’s old clothes and labeling the bins for when Carter grows into them!
On Wednesday morning Chad & I took Carter to his 1 month doctor appointment. On the way we dropped Riley off at school and he was so sweet to help carry Carter’s baby carrier into daycare! At the doctor, we had to wait for awhile, which drove Chad crazy because he had a meeting in Dallas he was going to be late for. Finally we saw Dr Crawford and she said that everything looked good! Carter weighed 9 lbs 9 oz. His head measurement was 15 inches and his length was 21.5 inches. He was in the 50% in all three areas! Mr. Average!
Wednesday afternoon our new gas grill was installed! I felt so bad for the guy because it took him over an hour to dig the old grill out of the ground because our dirt is basically rock! He was able to fix the gas smell we had been experiencing from the grill and was the main reason we got a new grill. He estimated that our old grill was 15-20 years old so I think we made a wise investment in getting a new one!

On Wednesday Grandmommy picked Riley up from school and took him to Butterflies in the Garden at the Botanic Gardens. He told her the butterflies were scary, but fun. Afterwards they made a stop at the bookstore to play with the trains before he spent the night at their house.





On Thursday Riley had his Easter parties at school and I tried to get up there in time for the hunt, but ended up getting there right as his class was coming in from hunting. Riley was very excited to see me and Carter, but he didn’t want to stay for the party snacks with his class; he just wanted to go home! I tried to convince him to stay for about 15 minutes, but then we just ended up leaving. Guess I won’t try surprising Riley at a school party again anytime soon!
That night we went over to Mike & Christina’s to bring them dinner and visit with Macey. They are really taking to parenthood and it is great to watch them become parents! We took this photo of Carter & Macey. Remember, they are only 3.5 weeks apart in age, but Carter looks like a giant next to Macey!
That night we went over to Mike & Christina’s to bring them dinner and visit with Macey. They are really taking to parenthood and it is great to watch them become parents! We took this photo of Carter & Macey. Remember, they are only 3.5 weeks apart in age, but Carter looks like a giant next to Macey!

On Friday Riley’s daycare was closed and my work was closed also. I met up with two coworkers, Tracy & Amy and their daughters, Kennis and Madison at the museum. My mom came along and I was so thankful that she did as I would never have been able to corral Riley and also watch Carter! My mom ended up watching Carter and I ran around with Riley. We only saw about ¼ of the museum before we left to grab lunch so I will definitely have to go back again!

We went to lunch at Chick Fil A and then we took Riley home for a nap and my mom stayed and played with Carter. I had to wake Riley up after a couple of hours because we had plans to go to an Easter Egg Hunt at some friends of Grandmommy’s. We went to pick her up and went to the hunt! It was a quite elaborate hunt at the friend’s house and they had two levels, an upper level for the little kids and a lower level for the older kids. Riley did not want to hunt with the little kids and ended up down with the big kids. After the hunt the kids all hit a bunny piñata and Riley really knew how to hit it! I have no idea where he learned that! Riley also got a HUGE chocolate bunny for being the youngest boy at the hunt and they told him to open it immediately and start eating it, which he did! We had a great time and afterwards met up with Chad and Grandmommy & Haha took us to dinner at Hoffbrau where we sat on the patio and enjoyed the weather, until it got a bit too windy!

On Saturday morning I got to sleep in (thanks Chad!) and when we all got ready we went and ran some errands before bringing Riley back home to nap. While he napped the Easter Bunny came! Nana & Papa came over and after Riley woke up from his nap we went out front and hunted eggs and then got presents that the Easter Bunny left: a fishing set and a ride on horse!
Kate & Liz stopped by and they stayed and we grilled on the grill for the first time and all had dinner together!
Yesterday we went over to Grandmommy & Haha’s for Easter lunch. The Easter bunny also left eggs at their house and so Riley got to hunt there too!



We had a great lunch of shiskabobs and after lunch Chad went to see a movie with his dad and brother. I went home and relaxed while Chad’s mom watched the boys. I think it was the first time I had been alone since Carter was born and it was so nice! Especially since this week is getting very hectic since Chad has started a big job with Dallas Opera. He left at 6:30am this morning and I got up early, anticipating that Riley would wake up when Chad left. Of course, he decided to sleep until 7:30am, so that’s what I get for getting up at the crack of dawn. Riley was very sweet to me this morning when I got him and Carter ready and then Carter & I took Riley to school. Kate called me later to tell me that when she dropped Liz off Riley told her that “Mommy is coming to get me.” And that he was excited! Made me feel so good!
Riley also learned how to use our camera this weekend and so here are some pictures from our budding photographer!









No comments:
Post a Comment