Monday, July 12, 2010

Too Much Fun

On Wednesday Riley spent the night at Grandmommy & Haha’s. They sent us pictures and videos and it seems like he had a great time. He went to ride the train with Haha and got to have Skittles!







Riley has started singing A LOT! In addition to ‘Ring around the Rosy’ with Grandmommy, he also requested that I sing him many songs last night. We sang ‘I’ll Love You Forever,’ ‘Jingle Bells’ and ‘Itsy Bitsy Spider.’ Riley has Kindermusik every week at school and I’m sure this is helping his singing skills. Chad had to work on Wednesday night so it was just Carter & I at home. We did go out for a sushi dinner with Chad before heading home for some rice cereal, playtime and then bath/bed time. In the tub he started talking so much! It was funny! He has started squealing and making this pterodactyl sound all the time. When he starts actually saying words one day, there’s gonna be no stopping him!


On the baby food front, Carter has tried all the 1st Foods vegetables and has moved on to 1st Foods fruits. He did NOT like peas and they seemed to upset his stomach. He also got a rash on his face, either from squash or from sunscreen, so there might have been two vegetables he won’t be having much of. Last night I fed him oatmeal with his bananas and he really seemed to enjoy that!

On Thursday night, the Amphibian show that Chad was working on opened. Nana & Papa agreed to watch the boys so Chad & I could go to the opening. We had appetizers and drinks at Lucile’s before heading to the theater. The show was funny & we had fun!

On Friday night Chad agreed to stay home with the boys so I could have a girl’s night out. I went to see the movie Eclipse at the Movie Tavern followed by drinks out with friends from work for Tracy’s birthday. We were let out of work early to go visit one of our brokers, who is in the hospital and as soon as we got on the road it started pouring down rain. Luckily the garage we parked in at the hospital let us get inside without getting wet. After the visit we ended up going for a short Happy Hour at Patrizio’s. On the way there we saw so much flooding on the roads! Cars were stalled right by the hospital and then I even had to avoid two intersections due to high water! But we made it, umbrella in hand and didn’t get too wet! The movie was good, totally girly and awesome! After that we walked over to Capital Bar and I had a great time visiting with everyone. The rain had really cooled everything off and we sat out on the rooftop patio and enjoyed the cool breeze!

The next morning Chad let me sleep in and we ended up skipping the final swim class. We are going to make it up to Riley by taking him to the aquatic center that we have rented for his birthday party so that will be fun! When we got up and got ready we went to have lunch at Taco Cabana before running to the grocery store. I could tell Riley was getting tired and cranky, but he did good at the store when I told him he could have m&m’s on the way out if he was a good boy. After groceries we went home for the boys to nap and then when they woke up we took them over to Grandmommy & Haha’s to spend the night. Yes, you read that right, Mommy was getting a third night out in a row!

After dropping off the boys we headed to Mike & Christina’s for a pool party. We didn’t swim since we had to leave quickly, but we visited with everyone and I got to hold sweet Macey Jane! She actually kept holding her arms out and reaching for me! It was so sweet! From my arms she got a perfect vantage point of her Mommy and that’s who she really wanted to see! Christina & I visited about the babies and realized how much they have in common being so close in age!

Soon we had to leave to go meet Hillary & Jarrett at Joe T’s for dinner. We got seated extra fast on the patio right by the pool and had a great time visiting with them and catching up! It’s rare that Chad & I have an adult only night with other friends! We took it too much to heart though and were pretty exhausted the next morning. Luckily, we got to sleep in before picking up the boys on our way to lunch. Grandmommy & Haha had a great time with the boys and their pictures prove it!


















As you can see in the above picture Carter is really enjoying chewing on his fingers right now. Maybe a tooth will be making an appearance soon? For now, we sometimes hear him from all the way upstairs, just smacking away on those fingers!

After picking up the boys we had lunch with Grammy at La Madeline and had a nice time visiting with her. For some reason they toasted Riley’s peanut butter & jelly sandwich and that really threw him off. He basically licked some of the jelly and that was it, but he did give Grammy a really sweet hug before we left! On the way home he fell asleep in the car and after getting him in bed, Chad had to head to work. I managed to get Carter down for a nap too and then I took one myself! It was great! And I still managed to get all the laundry done, the house straightened up and the bags ready for Monday all before Chad got home!

We are also now trying another potty training tactic with Riley. We had switched him to Pull Ups, but Chad decided that he should go back to diapers. We are calling them baby diapers and Riley is not a big fan. He keeps telling us that other people will put him in Pull Ups and we keep telling him they won’t, UNLESS he goes in the potty. I know he will potty train someday, I just don’t know when…. I have been planning a last ditch potty training weekend this coming weekend. I think if that doesn’t work we’ll just give up for awhile. What is hard is that Riley is making a conscious effort not to use the potty. We know he is capable, he is just choosing not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment