his week a Little Einsteins video that Chad had ordered for Riley came in the mail. It had an episode on it that Chad had accidentally deleted from the TiVo and Riley asked for it so many times that Chad finally bought it on eBay. We have watched that video multiple times now.
Early in the week I watched Ratatouille with Riley when it came on TV one night. I had never seen it, but I found myself laughing a lot. Mostly because Riley kept saying funny things and making me laugh. When I first told him to come watch it with me, he ran in, looked at the TV and yelled "Bunnies!" I told him they were mice (rats sounded scary) and then he made me laugh more by asking me what the "mouse bear" was doing. I guess we should write to Disney and tell their animators that their cartoon rats look like bears and rabbits!
On Wednesday I called my mom in the afternoon and her and Carter had gone to visit Grammy. Carter decided to show off and start rolling over like crazy for Grammy & Nana. When Chad & I got there that night to pick him up he did show us, but it took a bit of coaxing! He much prefers rolling to the right, but in the last two days he has seemed to want to try rolling from his back to front so maybe that will be coming soon!
On Thursday, my Great Aunt Joyce and Great Uncle Don flew in to town from Virginia to surprise Grammy! We had kept it a secret from her and boy was she surprised! We all met up that night for a really yummy hibachi dinner at Japanese Palace.
On Friday night the Jung, Myers and Lovelady families got together for dinner at the Lovelady house. We had a great time visiting with everyone and Carter decided to show us all that he could also sit up! We were all so shocked and I managed to get one of the times on video!
Early in the week I watched Ratatouille with Riley when it came on TV one night. I had never seen it, but I found myself laughing a lot. Mostly because Riley kept saying funny things and making me laugh. When I first told him to come watch it with me, he ran in, looked at the TV and yelled "Bunnies!" I told him they were mice (rats sounded scary) and then he made me laugh more by asking me what the "mouse bear" was doing. I guess we should write to Disney and tell their animators that their cartoon rats look like bears and rabbits!
On Wednesday I called my mom in the afternoon and her and Carter had gone to visit Grammy. Carter decided to show off and start rolling over like crazy for Grammy & Nana. When Chad & I got there that night to pick him up he did show us, but it took a bit of coaxing! He much prefers rolling to the right, but in the last two days he has seemed to want to try rolling from his back to front so maybe that will be coming soon!
On Thursday, my Great Aunt Joyce and Great Uncle Don flew in to town from Virginia to surprise Grammy! We had kept it a secret from her and boy was she surprised! We all met up that night for a really yummy hibachi dinner at Japanese Palace.
On Friday night the Jung, Myers and Lovelady families got together for dinner at the Lovelady house. We had a great time visiting with everyone and Carter decided to show us all that he could also sit up! We were all so shocked and I managed to get one of the times on video!
We also lined up all the kids on the couch in order of birth and took their picture!
From l-r: (Zachary: born 4/2010; Macey: born 3/2010; Carter: born 2/2010; Elizabeth: born 12/2008; Riley: born 8/2007
Yesterday we started what I will fondly refer to as "potty training weekend." Notice, I say fondly!!! We woke up yesterday morning at 7am with Riley and he had slept in big boy underwear. I waited until he told me he wanted to be in a baby diaper and I told him to take off his pants and underwear. He did, and for the next hour and a half he cried while we explained that the diapers and Pull Ups were gone and that he needed to go in the potty. Finally, I went and got a wrapped present from the closet and that did the trick! He started peeing in the potty!!!!! I was so unbelievably excited I started jumping up and down! He opened his present and we put a sticker on his potty chart. The rest of the day he put all but one of his pees in the potty! We have not mastered pooping yet, but I hope that's just around the corner! But regardless, Riley spent the whole day in big boy underwear!!! We didn't leave the house all day, but did go outside in the late afternoon to get some fresh air.
Man was it hot!!! Our neighbor, Amy joined us for dinner and then we all headed to bed. This morning Riley had one pee accident before getting a pee in the potty, and then another! Then we braved going out to lunch at Lucile's with Grammy, Nana, Kip, Joyce & Don. Riley even attempted to go potty at the restaurant bathroom with Daddy! Aunt Joyce loved on Carter some at lunch after he woke up. Carter was really enamored with both Joyce and Don and gave them lots of smiles!
No comments:
Post a Comment