Riley’s potty-training is going VERY well and we are all very proud of him. He only had one accident at school last week and it was while they were all out on the playground, so we cut him a little slack for that. He did have a few accidents outside of school hours, but I think they were all poo accidents so we seem to have the peeing down! By Tuesday he had filled his potty chart with stickers so we all went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate!
Now, of course he wants to go back to Chuck E Cheese, but we told him he needs to put all his poops in the potty in order to go back to Chuck E Cheese. We are still working on it. It’s a lot harder to figure out when your child might need to poo versus when they might need to pee. We are learning Riley’s tells though and are trying to catch him before he starts going in his pants. It’s been a process…
On Friday after work I took Riley to Cool Cuts 4 Kids for a haircut. He did really good, but I am going to have to learn how to stop buying him a toy for being well-behaved. This time the toy cost me almost $20 and he broke one of them in less than 24 hours! Sheesh!
On Saturday I spent the day at home with the boys, while Chad worked in the morning. Both the boys decided that 6am seemed like a good wake up time, and since Chad was going to work we all were just up. I had trouble getting the boys to nap and even had to lay down with Riley in order for him to calm down and sleep. He tried to tell me he napped when I knew he had just been playing in bed for an hour. After they woke up from their naps we played Play Doh in the living room and Carter is really doing a great job sitting up!
Saturday evening we took the boys to Nana & Papa’s to spend the night and Chad & I went to see a musical at Bass Hall. We went to dinner with Chad’s family for sushi first and it was so good! After the show we headed home and enjoyed sleeping in on Sunday morning. The boys had fun at Nana & Papa’s and Riley got to play with his favorite lion bubble machine!
On Sunday we met up with my parents, the boys and Grammy at Olive Garden for lunch. Riley insisted on eating only breadsticks since Olive Garden doesn’t have PB&J on their menu… After lunch we took the boys home to nap and I ran to Babies R Us and Target. When I got home Jason & Elizabeth were over visiting and shortly after that Riley woke up from his nap. Chad had a great idea to go swimming at the Randol Mill Aquatic Center where we will be having Riley’s birthday party next month. We had a great time swimming and both boys had a blast! Riley did not want to leave! And he is really excited about having his party there! I was happy that over half of the water is less than 2 feet deep so it’s a great place for young kids to play in the water! There were even spots in the pool where Carter could stand in the water!
After we swam we went over to the Lovelady’s for dinner and had a great time visiting with them. At bath time Riley discovered Uncle Jason’s middle school football helmet and had a great time wearing that around.
No comments:
Post a Comment