On Friday & Saturday Chad was in Waco working on a ballet. I called my mom to come over on Saturday and hang out with us all day. We first took my car to the shop. My check engine light has been lighting up off and on over the last year. It would never stay on for longer than a month so I never took it in. Well, it finally stayed on for longer than a month and my car started doing strange things like dying when I backed out of a parking space and shuddering when I exited and turned into our naighborhood. Well, heard back from the shop and it's bad. I have burned out valves and my head gasket needs to be replaced. Totally sucks to have these expenses during the holidays. But very thankful to my parents who have been letting me borrow a car all week.
After we dropped off my car we took the boys to Cool Cuts 4 Kids for haircuts. This was Carter's first haircut! It was nothing like Riley's! Riley cried and fussed, but Carter just sat in the little taxicab car and watched a movie and looked at himself in the mirror and was so well behaved! I was so proud!
We got some happy news this weekend of the actual dates this summer that our friends Katharina & Lucas will be visiting us from Germany. Chad was so excited to get this news and he started teaching Riley German at dinner! So cute!
This week has been good so far. Days at work leading up to a holiday are always nice! Carter started running a low fever Sunday night so we kept him out of school on Monday and Nana & Memaw watched him while Riley went to school.
Yesterday both boys went to Nana & Papa's all day. Riley & Papa made pancakes. Riley looks like he was quite the helper!
Last night Chad's parents had the KWC staff over for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice to visit with everyone. Nana & Papa watched the boys for us.
This morning Riley went back over to play with Nana while I went to work and Chad took Carter to the doctor for his 9 month check up. Carter weighed 20 lbs 1 oz (50%) and was 27 1/4 inches long (15%). This is 7 ozs lighter than Riley was at 9 months, but 1/4 inch longer than Riley was at 9 months. Nana says she is really working with Carter on his walking right now. He also is really loving eating grown up food. He loves, green beans, carrots, peas, as well as pastas like macaroni & cheese and ravioli. He's a ravenous little guy sometimes!
Today Chad & Memaw will spend the day prepping food at my Aunt Tami's for tomorrow's feast. (I might even make it out there to help them). Tomorrow we look forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with both our families! Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment