Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Playing Piano and Growing Teeth

My first week at work was pretty good. Everyone at my new job is so nice and I am really enjoying getting to know them all. We have a couple of events coming up this month that I am really excited for Chad & I to get to go to.

In the middle of the week last week I had to take my car back to the Auto Glass Center to get my window looked at. It seemed to be getting stuck when I rolled it back up. Of course, when I got it there, they could not get it to duplicate the issue, but they went ahead and greased the tracks for me and it has been working fine since then. It got cold a couple of mornings last week and was rainy some days and I sure didn't want my window to get stuck in the down position. That happened to me once when I was working in Maine when I was in college and I had to drive 40 minutes in the cold rain one day with my window stuck down. My parents still remember that story as I was quite a diva about it all!

Dinnertime with Riley is again giving us grief. I honestly have no idea how my sweet boy does not waste away! He refuses to each most nights and the nights we do get him to eat are such a battle. Even the nights I think I am being easy on him and letting him eat things he will like are still hard. One night I gave him Club crackers, sweiss cheese and graham crackers. He ate the graham crackers just fine, refused the Club crackers and I made him eat two bites of swiss cheese. The first he ate fine, but the second he made himself gag on and refused to eat any more. I really hope this is just a stage he gets finished with real soon!

He was being very funny at dinner one night and was talking on his toy cell phone to Grandmommy & Haha. He even would hold up his index finger to us and say "Just a minute, please" just like we do to him when we are on the phone and he is interrupting us. Sometimes he seemed to be talking his own "Riley" language to them. It was pretty funny!


Here he is calling Grandmommy:



And then he called Haha:



Also, its like Riley knows I am working for a foundation that specializes in piano music as he has really played the piano for me this week, both at home and also at Nana & Papa's house. He also has a toy piano book that he got for Christmas with Christmas songs in it that he wants to sing and read from a lot of nights. He's not too shabby on the piano, and I like it when he turns the music pages like he is actually reading the notes! (Please excuse the talking in the backgrounds of the videos)





In Carter's world he is really working on growing some teeth! Last week he got 3 teeth in one night! He is now up to 7 teeth (all of which he has gotten in the last month and a half!). It was crazy because school told us he was fussy on Monday and then on Tuesday I was shocked to see so many new teeth in his mouth. He has far surpassed Riley in the number of teeth he has at this age. He started getting them later than Riley, but he sure did catch up and then some really fast! He is working on that 8th tooth, but it sure is being a bugger! He has been fussy a lot this week and I still haven't felt it come through. Crazy how the 3 seemed to just pop up no problem and now this one can cause such a pain for him. If he gets one more tooth before 9 months he will be tied with me when I was a baby! Way to overachieve Carter!

Carter also wants to walk so bad and is really happy when we take his hands and help him to walk. On Sunday he even stood for about 10 seconds all by himself without holding on to anything! He couldn't seem to figure out how to take a step though. If he walks in the next week he will tie Riley on when Riley started walking. I don't think it will happen because we aren't getting to practice as much with Carter as we did with Riley (poor second child!) but I think he will probably walk in the next month or so. My mom is really working with him and this past weekend she got out Riley's walker to help him out. He couldn't do it by himself, but he sure thought it was fun!




On Saturday I got up early and went to get my hair done with TJ at Magnolia Ave Salon. I had never been to him before, but Kate has gone to him for years and recommended him. I LOVED what he did with my hair. He asked all the right questions ahead of time and had really great ideas for subtle changes that were right up my alley! I am so pleased with my new hair!

After that I was able to show off my new do at Christina's baby shower for Caley Anne, who will hopefully be making her debut right around the first of December! I of course got her a Booty Duty, my favorite baby gift, and I also got a sweet ladybug dress made for big sister Macey that she can pass down to Caley when she grows out of it. Christina looks great and I can't believe she will be giving birth so soon! So excited!!!

On Sunday we met up with Grammy, Nana & Papa at Lucile's for lunch. The time change really did a number on the boys and they were both soooo tired! Chad had to work in Denton so he wasn't able to join us. Nana & Papa took the boys after lunch since I had a church event to go to that afternoon. My mother in law is helping the church host a day of prayer event on January 29. She is having a woman named Becky Tirabassi come and speak about prayer and the positive effect it can have on your life. If you are interested in attending, let me know and I will get you the information!

The start of this week has been good. I am getting in a nice new morning routine with the boys and Chad and am trying to help by taking the boys to school in the mornings as much as I can now. It helps Chad out and I like doing it also. It's also nice to be near new restaurants at lunch instead of the same old downtown fare. Chad & I went to Uncle Julio's on Monday and sat out on the patio at lunch and that was really nice. Today I met my friend Janssen at Sushi Axiom on Hulen and we had a great time talking babies and motherhood and just catching up!

The calendar is slowly starting to get packed for the holidays. The Jake Remembered 4th Annual Softball Tournament is coming up this Saturday at LMRA. If your looking for something fun to do on Saturday, we'll be out there all day, so come say hi, have a burger, watch some softball, buy some raffle tickets and help us raise money for cancer research and for scholarships for seniors at WHHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment