The boys celebrated Christmas at TLCC last Friday with parties. Chad was able to attend both parties and was supposed to send me pictures.....what can I say? He's been busy! We brought jrae's bakery sugar cookies to Carter's party and I got smart this year and got a cookie for myself because their cookies are so amazing!
On Saturday we went to Sugar Rush at Kids Who Care with Nana & Papa. Grandmommy & HaHa invited us all to this annual luncheon and candy extravaganza at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center. Riley had a lot of fun, especially after his friend, Mitchell arrived and Mitchell's mom took them around to get their fill of sugar! Here are the boys eating fun dip together. I had to post two pictures because Riley looks great in one and Mitchell looks great in the other. Yum Yum!
By Saturday night Riley was in rare form though, from all the candy and not taking a nap. I was trying my hardest to be patient with him, but he was trying to get me riled up. I decided to video how he was acting to send it to Chad. Here he is telling me that he turned off the Christmas lights, that he was mean, and that he wasn't my friend. You won't hear me talking on the video as it was all I could do not to laugh! I tried to fake cry to see if that would have an effect on Riley, but that just made him more of a pest!
Sunday was a better day. Chad spent the morning with us before he had to head to work and we went to Yogi's Bagels to have pancakes for brunch. Riley ate an entire cinnamon roll all by himself and of course Carter ate anything and everything we put in front of him!
That evening we went over to the Myers' house for Sunday supper. We ate yummy chili and chicken & dumplings and visited with everyone. It was a great time to be with friends!
The boys played Mario on the Wii and were very engrossed:
Here are the babes and mom's:
Riley (3 yrs), Elizabeth (2 yrs), Carter (10 months), Macey (9 months), Zachary (8 months) and Caley (1 month)
I love all these friends and all these babies!!!
I've been spending a lot of time with the boys lately and Riley sure is acting out his frustrations. In addition to the lovely video above where he was being quite a stinker, we also had another incident last night. When we were at the Myers' house they gave us a gift for Christmas. We put it under the tree and told Riley it was for all of us and we would open it on Christmas. He wanted to open it immediately. It is the only gift under the tree that is for him because Santa will bring all his gifts on Christmas. Well, last night when we got home he got obsessed with opening the gift again and I finally compromised that we could open it in the morning when Daddy was home to open it with us. He was not okay with that and managed to (accidentally?) rip the corner of the present. He then laid in the hallway over the gift like this being a big pouty face:
(forgive the water running the background. I was trying to get the bath started for the boys)
Today was my last day of work before the Christmas holiday. I've got to say I really love my new work holiday schedule! Nana was watching the boys so after lunch with my BFF, Tracy, I went & picked up Riley to take him for a movie outing to see Tangled. It was really cute and I enjoyed spending some one on one time with my sweet boy. Sometimes I think he's been acting out so much lately as a cry for more attention so I was happy to be able to give him some today.
No comments:
Post a Comment