Chad finally sent me the pictures from Carter & Riley's Christmas parties at school. First was Carter's:
And now, a photo montage of Carter displaying his full-on love for food:
This last one is Carter and his sweet classmate, Stella!
And later that day it was time for Riley's party:
YUM!
I got off of work for the Christmas vacation last Wednesday at noon, which turned out perfect because we were all able to attend Elizabeth's 2nd birthday party on the 23rd! She had a mad-hatter tea party birthday and everyone wore hats or bows.
Here is the sweet birthday girl!
Birthday girl and her mommy, getting ready to open presents!
Riley thought the tea sets were really cool, especially this Curious George one. He made lots of tea for me, his Grandmommy, 2nd cousin Hope, and great-aunt, Patrice.


Carter and Zachary had fun too, but weren't so interested in tea parties!
On Christmas Eve, Chad took Riley to see the latest Narnia movie, while Carter & I hung out at the house. Carter was really interested in Riley's guitar. He knows that he needs to pluck the strings to make music, he just can't quite get his hands to cooperate!

After the boys got home from the movie, one of Chad's childhood friends, Kate, came over with her husband, Dan. They live in San Francisco and so it was good to see them and to catch up with them. Dan had quite the magic touch with Carter. Carter was tired, but would not relax to nap, until Dan held him and suddenly after Dan rocked him a bit, Carter was OUT! Too cute!
Kate also got some good Batman castle playtime in with Riley.
Later that night we headed over to Grammy's for our Christmas Eve tradition of tacos and presents. This year, we had a little surprise in store for Grammy. Her oldest son, my uncle Dana, flew in that night with his girlfriend, Jill and his youngest son, Tyler to surprise Grammy for Christmas. Here is a video of the moment they all walked in:
We put the boys in their PJs before we left and they were asleep by the time we got home. Earlier in the day I took a picture of all of our Grammy stockings on the mantle! So pretty!
After Santa came I took this photo of our tree. The HUGE pink bag was my present from Riley & Carter. Riley went with Chad to pick it out and he insisted that I have a giant pink bag, even though the present inside turned out to be a new cover for my cell phone (i.e. tiny gift!)
The boys slept in pretty good Christmas morning and we all got up around 7:45am to see what Santa brought.
Riley helped Carter open all his presents as this is how Carter preferred to spend his time:
Riley was an expert present opener.

Here Riley is opening his BIG gift from Santa, a dragon castle! It's pretty awesome and he calls it "scary" when he tells people about it.
We were pretty wiped after opening presents! ;)
Carter was so tired he couldn't even stay awake to get his jacket on to go to Nana & Papa's!
Once at Nana & Papa's we realized that Nana was sick the whole night before and still not feeling well. We opened a few presents and then we went home to let Nana rest up and so the boys could nap. Later that evening we went over to Chad's Aunt Michele's house for the Fuller family Christmas. Muzzie got us all an amazing gift. She put together photo albums for all of us with some of her old family photos in them and also a full Fuller family tree dating back to the 1600s! So cool!
The next day we met up with Grammy, Nana, Papa, Dana, Jill & Tyler at Lucile's. It was fun to introduce Lucile's to Dana, Jill & Tyler since we love that place so much! Chad & I also ran into our friend, Jonathan, who was in town from NYC visiting his family!
After lunch we went home so the boys could nap and then we went over to Grandmommy & Haha's for Christmas. We were supposed to do Christmas there in the afternoon on Christmas Day, but Haha had been running a fever since Christmas Eve so we postponed. We had such a great Christmas with them. Riley found his first present hidden under the counter in the kitchen. It was a drawing table and stool that had actually been bought for him last Christmas, but Grandmommy & Haha forgot about it in their garage last year, so he got it this year!
The boys got lots of toys, Carter got some great clothes and a super cute pea coat, Chad got a Banana Republic gift card, a huge griddle and a professional grade Belgian waffle maker. I got a Kindle and a slow cooker and the boys also got a super cute wagon from their Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Blake. Riley was super excited about the wagon and made Chad start assembling it right away.

Before Chad could finish getting it assembled dinner was ready so we all sat down to eat. For dessert Carter got to have a taste of Grandmommy's homemade whipped cream. He looks like a mini Santa Claus!
Of course Riley could have cared less about eating and was more interested in using the snuffer to snuff out Grandmommy's candles.
Luckily Chad got the wagon assembled and Riley insisted upon going for a ride right away, so we put on his heavy coat and gloves and sent them on their way. His smile is so precious, he was so excited about this wagon!!

On Monday I had the day off and Chad & I spent the day getting things done. In the morning Riley requested a trip to the museum, so Chad took him and I took Carter grocery shopping with me. Riley was in love with a big train car in the children's section and played there almost the entire time, calling it the Polar Express, yelling "All Aboard" and generally bossing everyone on the train around! Hilarious!
Carter & I met up with Chad & Riley at Chick Fil A for lunch and then Chad took the boys home for a nap and I went out shopping for clothes with some Christmas gift cards. I got some great deals on things and had a great time!
Yesterday Chad & I headed back to work and Nana watched the boys. She was feeling much better and had a great time with the boys. Last night I met up with Tracy at Baker Street for dinner & drinks and then later some old friends from high school showed up. It was great to visit with Rhonda, Amie, Amanda, Jill, Justin and Elliott.
Today, the boys went to Grandmommy & Haha's for the day and to spend the night. I met up with Grammy & Nana for lunch at Red Lobster and for some girl time. I had solved a printer issue with my computer in the morning, which saved us a trip from the IT people, so my boss actually bought our lunch as a thank you to me! So sweet! After work, I went home to see that Chad had installed our new TV on the wall-mount in our bedroom and it looked fabulous! We then went out for pizza at Brix and then back home to watch a movie on our new TV!
Here is the sweet birthday girl!
It was such a great surprise and a Christmas not to soon be forgotten! Opening presents that night was sort of a blur as I ended up with my head down a lot of the time, trying to extricate Riley's presents from their elaborate boxes with twisty wires, etc.
We put the boys in their PJs before we left and they were asleep by the time we got home. Earlier in the day I took a picture of all of our Grammy stockings on the mantle! So pretty!
Riley helped Carter open all his presents as this is how Carter preferred to spend his time:
Here Riley is opening his BIG gift from Santa, a dragon castle! It's pretty awesome and he calls it "scary" when he tells people about it.
We were pretty wiped after opening presents! ;)
The next day we met up with Grammy, Nana, Papa, Dana, Jill & Tyler at Lucile's. It was fun to introduce Lucile's to Dana, Jill & Tyler since we love that place so much! Chad & I also ran into our friend, Jonathan, who was in town from NYC visiting his family!
After lunch we went home so the boys could nap and then we went over to Grandmommy & Haha's for Christmas. We were supposed to do Christmas there in the afternoon on Christmas Day, but Haha had been running a fever since Christmas Eve so we postponed. We had such a great Christmas with them. Riley found his first present hidden under the counter in the kitchen. It was a drawing table and stool that had actually been bought for him last Christmas, but Grandmommy & Haha forgot about it in their garage last year, so he got it this year!
Before Chad could finish getting it assembled dinner was ready so we all sat down to eat. For dessert Carter got to have a taste of Grandmommy's homemade whipped cream. He looks like a mini Santa Claus!
On Monday I had the day off and Chad & I spent the day getting things done. In the morning Riley requested a trip to the museum, so Chad took him and I took Carter grocery shopping with me. Riley was in love with a big train car in the children's section and played there almost the entire time, calling it the Polar Express, yelling "All Aboard" and generally bossing everyone on the train around! Hilarious!
Carter & I met up with Chad & Riley at Chick Fil A for lunch and then Chad took the boys home for a nap and I went out shopping for clothes with some Christmas gift cards. I got some great deals on things and had a great time!
Yesterday Chad & I headed back to work and Nana watched the boys. She was feeling much better and had a great time with the boys. Last night I met up with Tracy at Baker Street for dinner & drinks and then later some old friends from high school showed up. It was great to visit with Rhonda, Amie, Amanda, Jill, Justin and Elliott.
Today, the boys went to Grandmommy & Haha's for the day and to spend the night. I met up with Grammy & Nana for lunch at Red Lobster and for some girl time. I had solved a printer issue with my computer in the morning, which saved us a trip from the IT people, so my boss actually bought our lunch as a thank you to me! So sweet! After work, I went home to see that Chad had installed our new TV on the wall-mount in our bedroom and it looked fabulous! We then went out for pizza at Brix and then back home to watch a movie on our new TV!
No comments:
Post a Comment