Carter is finally walking! I wrote last week that he was up to 5 steps, well, he gone beyond that, and last week we got 10-12 steps on video! I am so proud of my sweet boy! And, he continues to have much in common with his Uncle Jake as my mom looked in Jake's baby book and Carter & Jake started walking at the exact same age, to the day! Crazy!
School has told us that Carter is being particular about who he walks for. At first he wouldn't walk for anyone, but now he has walked for 3 of the teachers.
On December 2nd Santa came to school to visit the kids. We just got our pictures last night and I am so excited to share Carter's first visit with Santa Claus. I love that in all the pictures of Riley and Santa it looks like Riley is in the middle of talking. Couldn't pause in telling Santa what he wanted in order to take a photo! Carter just looks in awe!
(Thanks to Cowtown Camera Girl for taking these great shots!)



Last week my mother-in-law, Deborah and Kathryn & Kate all came to take me to lunch. We had a lovely "Ladies Who Lunch" date at The Lunch Box and discussed the upcoming Day of Prayer event at our church. There is now a website so check out http://dayofprayerfw.blogspot.com/ for all the details and information.
On Saturday we headed to Caleb's 2nd Birthday Party. It was a lot of fun and Buzz Lightyear made an appearance. It was pretty hilarious, but Chad thought the best part was when Buzz got me involved to be part of a tickle tunnel, which I was really too short to be in, so it made it all the funnier! Riley insisted on bringing the dump truck with him to watch Buzz. It took a lot of prying to get him to let go of it.
On Sunday Chad got up on the roof and cleaned out the gutters of leaves while I got ready and got Riley ready and put Carter down for a nap. While Carter was napping and Chad was getting ready Riley & I went to the grocery store. He had $5 to use of his own cash to buy a toy. I got so frustrated at Target though because all the toys at Riley's eye-level were $30+. He did not understand that he could not have the huge t-rex or the large dinosaur train or the big Buzz Lightyear. We finally settled on a Buzz Lightyear Blaster Gun, which was more than $5, but a good compromise.
After lunch with Grammy at Lucile's (where it was freezing, by the way) we headed home for naps and then went to the Lovelady's to celebrate an early Christmas. They got Riley the coolest Batman castle and they got Carter a standing piano push toy. We got Zachary bath toys and a shirt and we got Liz bath toys also. We picked up Pappasito's for dinner and it was so good to just spend time with them. Carter was obsessed with trying to steal Zachary's paci:
Chad has just started his busy Christmas Carol weeks so I have been busy with the boys. This morning since Chad had to go to the donut store for work, we made it a family stop and Riley wanted to get donuts for school. We brought some to school to share and I got to stay and have a quick breakfast with Riley, Carter and their friends. I loved it!
Today I also had lunch with Grammy at Black Eyed Pea. I realized there that I must look a lot like I did in high school, as I got recognizd by an old high school friend immediately upon walking in the door. Some people really change from high school, but I guess I didn't! I feel like I always get recognized really easily! Grammy and I had a lovely lunch and I really enjoy getting to see her every other Wednesday!
Can't believe this weekend is the last before Christmas! We've gotten most of our shopping done, but have a few key people still to buy for! Chad and I have become addicted to Amazon Prime. They were offering a free month trial so I signed up because what better time than Christmas to get free two day shipping! Well, now we are addicted and I think we are going to keep it into the year! It's too good a deal to pass up! So convenient!
No comments:
Post a Comment