Sunday, April 17, 2011

Feeding Ducks and Making New Friends

Last week was so busy at work that some days I had trouble pulling myself away from my desk to go to lunch. We are getting ready for a big presentation that is tomorrow and I am in charge of pulling together all the presentation materials. It's been hectic, but the week sure did fly by. At least this week I am only working Monday-Thursday so I have a 4 day work week to look forward to!

Last Wednesday Grandmommy & Haha picked the boys up and took them to the duck pond before taking them home to spend the night with them. Apparently, Riley ate as many hamburger buns as he shared with the ducks!




















Friday was a really hectic day. I got in the car with Riley to head to Bluebonnet Bakery and before I could get 4 blocks from home, I had a flat tire! Luckily, Chad was right behind me and he helped me get my tire changed and Riley was also a really good "helper." Unfortunately, I did not have time to go to the bakery with the boys by the time my new tire was on, so Chad ended up taking them. There was a 2 inch gash in my sidewall, so I knew the tire could not be fixed and I had to order a replacement tire , which should probably be here by mid-week.

This weekend was so busy, but so much fun! Friday night we had a low-key night at home where I made chicken for dinner. Yesterday, Chad got up and blew the leaves out of the backyard for me and I went back and finished pulling the weeds. The boys came out and "helped" us and the weather was so nice!

Chad headed in to the office to get some work done on the opera and I fed the boys lunch and put them down for their naps. I also did lots and lots of laundry. After they woke up from their naps I took them to Nana & Papa's to spend the night. After dropping them off I went to the grocery store and then Chad met me at home after and we headed to Home Depot and Lowe's to buy an edger and some more pine bark nuggets to fill in the play area.

After we got home I got showered up and we went to have dinner at Uncle Julio's. It was so yummy and then we headed to the Grackle Art Gallery to see our new friend and neighbor, Billy's (aka Chicken Billy) art show. Billy is the dad of Holden, who is in Carter's class at school. They have been in the same class since Carter started there last August, but we just realized about a month ago that we live 1 block away from each other. We also saw Holden and his mom Marisa at the art show and we got to meet Marisa's dad and mom also. After the art show we headed home to bed since we had a bog day today planned.

We woke up pretty early considering the boys were not here and Chad went out to mow the front lawn and use his new edger, while I spread the new pine nuggets and set up the backyard. It was such nice weather again, so I ended up taking a cup off coffee out to the patio after I was done to enjoy the nice morning.

The boys went to church with my parents and then my parents came over and we all ate out in the backyard before my parents headed off and we went in to put the boys down for naps. We ended up having to wake them up from naps, because it was time to head to TCU for their annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was a lot of fun. The Lovelady family joined us as well as Billy, Marisa and Holden. Riley was in a strange mood after we tried to see the Easter bunny, but Carter could not get enough of the bunny. He kept trying to go back over and over to see the bunny again!














Carter also learned how to drink out of a straw today! They gave out these little cups with straws at the hunt and before we knew it, he had figured out how to do it!

After the hunt (which lasts all of 2 minutes!) we roamed campus for a bit before heading home to have everyone over to play. We had a great time getting to know Billy, Marisa and Holden some more as well as play with the Loveladys. I was so excited when I looked up and the swing set was covered with children! It made me smile. Carter and Holden had a lot of fun playing in the fort and I can only imagine that it will one day become their clubhouse!




No comments:

Post a Comment