Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Wheel Story

After my flat tire last Friday, Riley's class used it as inspiration. Riley started the story and each student added a sentence. My tire went on quite an adventure!


On Tuesday night Chad & I went to a fundraiser at Joe T Garcia's called Fiesta de Oro that benefited the Lena Pope Home. My company bought a table and offered us seats. Chad was able to meet some of the people I worked with and we got to eat yummy food and drinks. Papa picked the boys up from school for us and they made a stop at Nana & Papa's for an ice cream dessert!
















(Not sure why Riley has such a serious face!)


On Monday night Carter wanted to stand on Riley's potty stool, so I let him. He didn't do anything, but on Wednesday night he wanted to stand on it again. Of course I let him! We had to practically beg Riley to stand on his potty stool so I was happy Carter even just wanted to stand on it. However, before I knew it he was peeing! I couldn't believe it! Chad & I both praised him and then I put him in the tub for his bath. After his bath he wanted to stand on the stool again. I let him and guess what!!! He peed again! Needless to say, we were very surprised! After his 2nd success I snapped this photo!


I am not getting my hopes up, but I feel confident that he will potty train sooner than Riley did!

When Riley was with Papa on Tuesday they went and bought Riley some tee ball equipment and on Wednesday night Chad & Riley got some practice in the kitchen. Riley thought he had to wear the batting helmet the whole time so that was pretty funny, but he had fun throwing the ball with Chad.






On Thursday night I volunteered at The WARM Place while Chad took Riley to his first tee ball practice. They got rained out at the park where we were supposed to practice so they moved practice inside to the TCU Rec Center.






On Friday the boys' daycare was closed for Good Friday so I took the day off to spend with the boys. Nana came over in the morning and I decided we should take the boys to the Indoor Safari Park in Grapevine. We got there right as it opened and it would have been amazing.....if there was more than one person working. She had to do EVERYTHING! From greeting people and getting their payments to running the safari train to walking kids around on the anamatronic animals. Because it was just her it was pretty chaotic in there. And they were playing loud music inside, which got pretty annoying. The boys however, LOVED IT. Carter loved the play area and the anamatronic animals and Riley also loved the play area and the safari train. We were only there an hour and a half, but that was plenty for Nana & Mommy.














(Carter did not want to me to leave him on the train. He sobbed and the lady had to get me to ride with him, so he would sit down and stop crying! What a sad face in his hands!)


















(This poor lady...all alone! Her face says it all!)






After a quick lunch at Chick Fil A and naps at home, I took the boys to pick up Chad from work and we went to the Westermann's Annual Easter Egg Hunt. It is quite an event and we are so lucky to be invited. They separate the hunt into an area for little kids (under 8) and an area for the older kids. There were 12 golden eggs hidden and each kid could only find up to 1 golden egg. With Chad's help, Riley found one and he was able to win a chocolate bunny (thankfully, not as big as last year's chocolate bunny that he won!)






After the hunt, there was a huge Bunny pinata to hit and Riley was excited to be the first at bat! At least we didn't take home the bunny's head, like we did last year!





Some of the kids were crazy with the stick and one broke it, so they had to get a metal bat to finish up with. Carter thought the broken stick was pretty cool.


After the hunt we were exhausted and we took the boys to Mama's Pizza before heading home to bed.

On Saturday we spent the morning at home and then went with Chad up to church to set up some lights for church. Riley was really excited to help Chad & I just tried to keep Carter from crawling up the stairs to the choir loft. When we were done, Riley wanted to go to Lucile's for lunch. Our favorite hostess, Maria, was waiting tables and we requested her section so that was pretty neat! After lunch we did a quick shopping trip to Target and then we headed home for naps.

After naps we went to the Loveladys' for Zachary's first birthday party. There was a bounce house (with a really fast slide) and Zachary was amazing with his first birthday cake. He stuck his hands all in it and ate the icing and even got down to the cake part and ate the cake. It was stellar! We stayed after the party and Jason cooked us all dinner while we bathed the kids. We stayed over pretty late, but the boys did great!

Even though they didn't go to bed until 10pm, they still woke up at 7:30. After they both were up and dressed, we went out front to hunt Easter eggs. Riley really has it down and pretty much conquered the eggs. We are lucky Carter got 3! He'll have to step up his game next year!








(The above photo pretty much sums up the hunt!)




(Oh, Carter LOVES his paci sooooo much! We're going to have to "lose" them soon!)

After hunting, Chad & I got ready for church and then we all went to church. Nana & Papa dropped off Easter baskets before church and then surprised us by joining us for church! I kept getting teary while singing all the joyful songs. I had my parents next to me, my husband and my boys there. It felt great!

After church we headed to Grandmommy & Haha's for Easter lunch. The kids started the festivities before we ate by hunting for their eggs. Carter was more interested in a book though....he is such a bookworm already! (I secretly love it!)


Riley and Elizabeth were hunting pros and did a great job!




Zachary even hunted some eggs!






Carter may not have been interested in the eggs, but he sure liked the candy inside!


After the kids hunt, we all ate lunch and then we put the kids down for naps and the "big kids" had a hunt. It was a lot of fun! I got the most eggs, but did not get the special egg and so I didn't win the prize for the most $$ in my eggs. It was a lot of fun though! Grandmommy said the "big kids" hunt is going to become a tradition! Fun!

Before we finished hunting, Riley, Elizabeth and Carter were awake and before we knew it they were playing with Grandmommy in the baby pool! It was too cold for me, but they had a blast and were soaking wet!






Carter tried to trick Aunt Kate by sitting on her lap when he was soaking wet, but she was smart enough to sit him beside her!


The boys spent the night at Grandmommy & Haha's so that Chad & I could have the evening to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary. We didn't really feel like going out after our busy weekend so we went home and paid bills, did laundry and watched TV. It may seem boring, but it was just right. Our present to each other is to go get massages, so we'll cash that in as soon as we can get it on the schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment