I spent some more time in the backyard today pulling weeds and the backyard is starting to look semi-presentable. I also raked out the play area and tried to level out the dirt and mulch. It looks a little better. We are going to have some people over next Sunday so I hope to get just a bit more accomplished before we have people in our backyard.
The work week flew by as I was so busy! It seemed like everyone in my office was frantically planning trips for themselves and others over the next month. What looked like a fairly even travel month suddenly turned into a very busy travel month.
On Wednesday night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha so Chad & I could go see Dividing the Estate at Dallas Theater Center. It was very good. Funny, with some poignant moments as well. The boys went to Target with Grandmommy & Haha in search of a "cowboy belt." They did not find one, but had fun looking at the toys.
The work week flew by as I was so busy! It seemed like everyone in my office was frantically planning trips for themselves and others over the next month. What looked like a fairly even travel month suddenly turned into a very busy travel month.
On Wednesday night the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha so Chad & I could go see Dividing the Estate at Dallas Theater Center. It was very good. Funny, with some poignant moments as well. The boys went to Target with Grandmommy & Haha in search of a "cowboy belt." They did not find one, but had fun looking at the toys.
On Thursday night I volunteered at The WARM Place and Chad took the boys to Chick Fil A for dinner. Right before I went downstairs for dinner Chad texted me the following pictures.

Apparently, Carter's teachers decided to put his hair in a mohawk! It looks super cute!
Friday morning we had our usual breakfast at Bluebonnet Bakery, but it almost didn't happen because Riley was throwing some serious tantrums. Apparently, he had been acting out with Chad the night before as well.
On Friday I got off work at 4pm and headed home. I needed some "me" time and ended up getting a lot of it as Chad took the boys to Campapalooza at Kids Who Care and they didn't get home until after 7pm. I got to read for over 2 hours and ended up finishing my book, The Forgotten Garden, this weekend. It was really good!
Yesterday, we got up and went to a sale that the Fort Worth Public Library was having at the Meadowbrook Branch. All the books in the library were for sale (50 cents for paperbacks and $1.00 for hardbacks). We got over 35 books for about $35. It was amazing! I found all sorts of books about Riley's favorite things: firefighters, dinosaurs, trains, trucks, horses, etc.
After we bought our books we headed over to see Nana for a bit because I knew she had been missing the boys. Papa had stopped by earlier in the week and visited with the boys, but Nana had not been able to join him. It was funny after papa visited, the next day Riley kept saying "I miss Papa" over and over, but when I asked him if he wanted to call him he said "no".
Yesterday afternoon we went to Mitchell's house for his 4th Birthday Party. We were so surprised when we drove up that they live 3 houses away from the rent house Chad lived in during college and that we lived in together for 1 year after we got engaged. The party was a lot of fun. There was a bounce house and lots of ice cream and lots of toys to play with in the yard. It was a great time and we enjoyed visiting with all our friends. Chad & Jason left the party early to head to NASCAR. Kate & I stayed with the kids and when the party was over we picked up pizza and went to our house to eat it. Afterwards, we went out back to play on the playset for a bit before taking baths. Kate & I were pretty proud of ourselves for handling all 4 kiddos by ourselves! They can be quite a handful at times, but we did great!
This morning we went grocery shopping and then we met up with Grammy, Kip, Nana & Papa at Lucile's. We saw our favorite hostess, Maria there. She is so nice and really make us feel like "regulars". So special!

Apparently, Carter's teachers decided to put his hair in a mohawk! It looks super cute!Friday morning we had our usual breakfast at Bluebonnet Bakery, but it almost didn't happen because Riley was throwing some serious tantrums. Apparently, he had been acting out with Chad the night before as well.
On Friday I got off work at 4pm and headed home. I needed some "me" time and ended up getting a lot of it as Chad took the boys to Campapalooza at Kids Who Care and they didn't get home until after 7pm. I got to read for over 2 hours and ended up finishing my book, The Forgotten Garden, this weekend. It was really good!
Yesterday, we got up and went to a sale that the Fort Worth Public Library was having at the Meadowbrook Branch. All the books in the library were for sale (50 cents for paperbacks and $1.00 for hardbacks). We got over 35 books for about $35. It was amazing! I found all sorts of books about Riley's favorite things: firefighters, dinosaurs, trains, trucks, horses, etc.
After we bought our books we headed over to see Nana for a bit because I knew she had been missing the boys. Papa had stopped by earlier in the week and visited with the boys, but Nana had not been able to join him. It was funny after papa visited, the next day Riley kept saying "I miss Papa" over and over, but when I asked him if he wanted to call him he said "no".
Yesterday afternoon we went to Mitchell's house for his 4th Birthday Party. We were so surprised when we drove up that they live 3 houses away from the rent house Chad lived in during college and that we lived in together for 1 year after we got engaged. The party was a lot of fun. There was a bounce house and lots of ice cream and lots of toys to play with in the yard. It was a great time and we enjoyed visiting with all our friends. Chad & Jason left the party early to head to NASCAR. Kate & I stayed with the kids and when the party was over we picked up pizza and went to our house to eat it. Afterwards, we went out back to play on the playset for a bit before taking baths. Kate & I were pretty proud of ourselves for handling all 4 kiddos by ourselves! They can be quite a handful at times, but we did great!
This morning we went grocery shopping and then we met up with Grammy, Kip, Nana & Papa at Lucile's. We saw our favorite hostess, Maria there. She is so nice and really make us feel like "regulars". So special!
No comments:
Post a Comment