Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Mommy and Daddy Are Taking Me To Disneyland

Our past weekend was a busy one. On Friday night Chad & I went to dinner with Deborah, Dexter, Blake & Rebecca to celebrate both Dexter and Rebecca's birthdays. We got to eat at Lonesome Dove and the food was AMAZING!! The lobster hushpuppies were out of this world yummy! We had a great time visiting. The boys spent the evening with Nana, Papa and Memaw (who's in town visiting). They didn't spend the night though, because we had family photos scheduled at 8am Saturday morning.



We woke up bright and early to get ready for the photos with Zuilma and we met her at Trinity Park. We had a 2 hour session with her and she took a lot of photos. Carter was Mr. Serious the whole time and didn't smile a lot. Riley did great though. The Forest Park mini train drove by twice so that was quite the attention grabber, but overall the boys did a superb job. Here is our 1 photo we got a sneak peek of and I love it!




After the photo session Chad took the boys to ride the train, but I had to run to go to Jill's baby shower with my mom and Memaw. We had a great time eating brunch and showering Jill with presents. I then headed home and was so tired that I actually took a nap! Once we all woke up from our naps Chad & I got dressed for Haley & Jud's wedding and then we dropped the boys at Grandmommy and Haha's to spend the night before heading to the wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony and a really nice reception. They had a photo booth at the reception and Dad & I took pictures in it, which was a lot of fun!



On Sunday Chad & I got up and we met the boys, Grandmommy & Haha at church. Riley's friends from school, Jake & Jack were at church so he had buddies when he went downstairs after children's time. After church Grandmmomy & Haha took us to lunch at Uncle Julio's before we headed home for naptime. Chad & I didn't nap that day though becuse we had a lot to do! First Chad fixed our bed frame before he headed off to a meeting and then to do the grocery shopping. I stayed with the boys and did non-stop laundry until after 9pm.



On Sunday night we finally told Riley about our upcoming trip to Disneyland. His reaction was less excited than we had hoped for.



The next day though, when we got to school, the first words out of his mouth were, "My Mommy and Daddy are taking me to Disneyland!" and everyday when we get to school he makes me tell one of his teachers how many days until he goes to Disney.




Tuesday was a very hectic day. Chad took the boys to soccer practice and I had a 5pm meeting downtown at Ruth's Chris to sample their food as a potential holiday party location for my work. The food was AMAZING! I then had to rush over to The WARM Place to sub in for someone who couldn't make it. The asked for a sub the day before, but I saw it the day of and even though I knew we were busy, I really wanted to help. When I called they still hadn't found anyone, so I of course agreed to help. By the end of the evening, Chad & I were running pretty ragged!



Yesterday, Riley had his 2nd week of Kids Who Care class in the afternoon. Supposedly he learned a song that he is going to perform for me "later." I can't wait to see it.



No comments:

Post a Comment