This past weekend we headed to Academy to get Riley all his gear for his first season of soccer. He was not too sure about the shin guards, but eventually (after some tears) he agreed to put them on. I found some super cool cleats with dragons on them and he picked out a black and white traditional looking soccer ball. (not the pink one in the pictures...that is the one Carter wanted!)

After we paid for our purchases (which Riley wore out of the store) we immediately started "practicing" outside of Academy.
Carter got in on the action also!
After Academy we headed to lunch at Jason's Deli and then to Grandmommy & Haha's so they could give us our presents they bought us in Colorado. They got Carter some super cute shoes that I hope he grows into soon and they got Riley a Thomas the Train lunchbox that he REALLY likes. Before we headed home the boys had to sit in the tree out from for a bit....you know....cause that's what boys do.
The boys spent the night with Nana & Papa on Saturday night while Chad & I went to dinner at Joe T's and to see The Help. On Sunday morning Nana sent the pics of the boys eating pancakes and watching The Polar Express.

Nana & Papa dropped them off and we headed to church. Riley stayed in church with us so he could go up front with Grandmommy for Children's time at the start and then he went downstairs to the 4 year old nursery where he met new friends and discovered that they have a castle just like in Ms Penas' class at school. Carter was not too happy that Riley was not in the little kids nursery with him, but I think he was okay in the end. After church we had lunch with Grandmommy & Haha at Lucile's.On Tuesday, Riley moved up to the pre-school class at school. He was so excited about it (mainly because of that castle I mentioned earlier), but he was also excited to bring his new lunchbox and have a new teacher. He has a good first day and Carter had new kids move up into his class too and him and Zachary are together again, which makes me happy!
Tuesday afternoon Riley had his first soccer practice. Chad is coaching and Papa is assistant coaching. Riley did so good!! And so did Chad! I was super impressed with Chad's coaching skills and I think Riley had a really fun time!
Yesterday Riley started his last new thing for the week: Creative Dramatics at Kids Who Care. His Aunt Kate is his teacher and he had a lot of fun. He told me he went "camping" and that his friend "Chief" worked on the lights. Not sure what that means, but sounds like he was being creative!
Last night when I put the boys to bed they were being super silly and I even let them play on the coffee table a bit (I know....bad mom!) but they were cracking me up! Riley was shooting his spiderman webs on me and Carter was walking back and forth going "All Aboard!" and "Choo Choo!"



No comments:
Post a Comment