Thursday, March 15, 2012

Visiting Memaw


I'm a few days late in posting this week and I am super sore as I write this.  I went rowing tonight and I rowed with one of the instructors.  While I was able to brush up on my skills and learn some new tricks, I also rowed for twice as long as I would have if I had been my myself.  I'm freshly showered and have 2 Advil in me, so I better write before I fall asleep.

Last Wednesday the boys spent the night at Grandmommy & Haha's.  After Creative Dramatics, Riley and Grandmommy stopped by the museum quickly while Haha picked up Carter from school.





But I think they had even more fun when they got to Grandmommy & Haha's house and built the LONGEST train track EVER on the front sidewalk!!

The next morning they laid in Grandmommy and Haha's bed watching movies before getting ready for school.

On Thursday my office hosted the first of two volunteer days at Habitat For Humanity.  Chad volunteered with me this year and he was such an awesome worker!  The CEO of my company could not stop talking about how much he liked Chad and Chad got up and did the roof framing, which was one of the most dangerous jobs of the day.  Mid-day we stopped for lunch and the temperature dropped about 20 degrees.  It seemed like a storm was coming on so the work leader stopped our build and after heading home to shower, I was back at work.

It was good that I was able to get some work in Thursday afternoon because on Friday I worked a half day and then Chad, the boys and I hit the road to head to Memaw's for the weekend.  It rained the entire drive there, so it took longer than we expected, but we made it there safely and Memaw had dinner waiting when we arrived.  The next morning she made waffles and bacon for breakfast.  YUM!


It was raining still on Saturday morning, so Chad and the boys played inside for a bit....



But we couldn't keep the boys cooped up all day so Chad got them bundled up and took them outside.  They said HI to the steers first and then my cousin Amy got one of the steers out to wash him so she could trim his hair before he had to be loaded up at the end of the weekend to head to the Houston Stock Show.

Riley was a super helper when it came to steer washing.

You would never have known from his face that it was rainy and cold.

After the novelty of steer washing wore off, the boys played catch with the dog for a bit.

And then came the puddle jumping!




Carter got cold first and headed to the porch to look over the land with his dinosaur.

Carter headed in first and when Memaw took his rainboots off huge amounts of water went all over the floor and Memaw from his boots!  She had already put towels in the dryer to warm and we wrapped each boy up in warm towels before dressing them and then putting all of their dirty clothes in the wash!


We spent the rest of the day relaxing inside and the next morning when we woke up for church, it was raining even harder!  But we still loaded up the car and drove to Memaw's church to meet her church friends and go to church.  Afterwards, we had a nice lunch before hitting the road back to FW.  It only rained about an hour of our drive home and was sunny by the time we got home.  I really hope that the next time we visit Memaw, we have better weather!

After we got home the boys played outside and we put away our trip stuff and then Riley kept talking about how he wanted to go eat at Flying Fish for dinner.  When Chad asked him what he wanted to eat there he said "chicken, french fries and dog balls."  I asked him if by "dog balls" he meant "hush puppies" and he said he did.  We went to Flying Fish and then their kids meals didn't even come with any "dog balls."  Maybe they were out, but thankfully Riley did not notice they had been missing until we were in the car on the way home.

Chad has been home a lot this week and has done some amazing things around the house.  On Monday he did our weekly grocery shopping and when he got frustrated by the organization in our hall closet, he bought a set of rolling shelves to re-organize the closet.  On Tuesday night he helped Jason cut down a tree in his yard and then we had dinner with the Loveladys.  Last night I was going to row, but the water was over the dam, so Chad instead surprised me with tickets to In The Heights and cooked me a yummy dinner beforehand.  He also had a washing machine repair-person out to look at our washer and they will bring out a part to finish fixing the washer tomorrow.  It's been an amazing week at home!

Last night the boys spent the night with Haha while Chad & I went to the show.  They had fun making trains on the sidewalk, coloring with chalk and from the video below, it looks like Uncle Blake and Aunt Rebecca joined them also.


Today the boys spent the day with Nana and Nana even joined us for dinner tonight.  This week at work has been super busy.  It's been Spring Break and most of the executives have been out of the office on vacation, but I've had so many things to do to prepare for our office to move at the end of the month, that my days have been speeding by.  We've had theme dress-up days each day this week and that has been fun.  Tuesday was professional sports day (I wore an Orioles t-shirt).  Yesterday was Western Day.  Today was 80's day and was arguably the favorite for most people in the office.  Below is a photo of the ladies decked out in our 80s finest.  Tomorrow is college alma mater day.  This is a cool thing about my office:  An un-written rule is that you must be a college graduate to work at my company, so it makes alma mater day even more special.

No comments:

Post a Comment