Tuesday, March 6, 2012

E F G

Last Wednesday the boys spent the night with Grandmommy & Haha.  They had dinner at 'Ol South and I think it was the boys' first time to eat there.  When I asked Riley where they ate he told me "Old South Pancake House."



They also celebrated Carter's birthday and he got his birthday presents from Grandmommy & Haha.  They gave him an alphabet puzzle, a Tigger shorts outfit and a colored bubble maker.


On Friday after work, I met the boys, Chad and Jason at the park.  We played until it got too chilly and then we went and met up with Liz, Zachary and Kate and had dinner at Pappas Burger. 

On Saturday we had a much needed day at home.  The night before Riley wanted to know what we were going to do on Saturday and I told him I didn't know and he said "Mom, you know I need a plan!"  He is so my kid!  I told him that he would wake up, probably before Mommy & Daddy and that he should come downstairs and snuggle with us and let us sleep a little longer and then we would get up and have breakfast.  This is exactly what happened and I was so pleased when I asked him if he wanted french toast or pancakes for breakfast and he picked french toast.  I told you my new cinnamon french toast is good!  I got all the laundry done and we took the boys to the bookstore to play with trains and for lunch at McKinley's before hand.  At McKinley's the boys got chocolate chip cookies with their lunch and ate them before their sandwich arrived.  Carter picked all of the chocolate chips out of his cookie with his fingernails.  He was a MESS!

On Saturday night the boys spent the night with Nana & Papa.  Chad & I were at home trying to decide what to do with our night and we were putting the clean sheets on our bed when I commented that our pillows were looking really bad and we should get new ones.  Chad had been thinking this for weeks so we spent our Saturday night having a quick dinner at Taco Cabana and then followed it up buying new pillows at Bed Bath & Beyond.  It is amazing to lay my head down at night now!  Why did we wait so long to make this purchase? 

On Sunday Chad & I spent the day setting up for the 15th Annual Kids Who Care fundraiser, Cookin' For Kids.  It was my first year to be on the event committee and I had a great time helping set up during the day.  From what I heard it was the smoothest day of set-up they had ever had.  While we were setting up Nana sent me the following picture:


Riley has been wanting Nana to get out her pools for him to swim and she finally agreed to get out the water table for them.  She told Riley he could swim during Spring Break.  I reminded her that was next week!  Riley is convinced that this summer he will be able to swim and I believe that he can do it.  We have plans for both boys to take swim lessons and I really hope that this is the summer it all clicks for Riley.

We also got a huge piece of the school puzzle figured out and now know where Riley will attend elementary school.  He will go to the same school Chad went to, Lily B.  We are really excited for him to attend school here and are also excited to find out that his friend from TLCC, Keller, will go there as well.  Riley is really excited about kindergarten and I can't wait to register him and do all the other "getting ready for kindergarten" things. 

Both my boys are growing up so fast!  I heard the greatest story from Carter C's mom.  Carter C is one of Carter Jake's friends from school and this past weekend he told his mom that he needed Superman PJ's.  His mom did not know how he knew about Superman, let alone Superman PJ's and when she asked him he told her that Carter Jake had Superman PJ's.  She asked me if that was true and I informed her that I had just moved a pair of Riley's old Superman PJ's into Carter's drawer and that he had just worn them for the first time last week!  We are all amazed that these little 2 year olds are having whole conversations about their PJ's, especially when we have trouble deciphering what Carter is saying half the time.  It seems like every day he is saying more and more.  Tonight, I realized that he knew the ABC song.  Although he only got to the letter G and then kept singing "E F G" over and over, I knew he knew what he meant!  We're really going to be conversing with him in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment