This weekend was semi-relaxing. Riley had a huge issue with going to childwatch on Saturday morning at the gym, so him and Chad got into it right before Chad & I headed into yoga. Luckily, I think I was able to talk those two down off the ledge and Chad calmed down and Riley got excited about going to childwatch.
It rained most of the weekend, but Carter found the few moments of sunlight to go out and ride his tricycle on the sidewalk. He is really good at it! I don't remember Riley being able to pedal himself at Carter's age, but Carter just has the hang of it! We're gonna have to get him a bike and helmet before we know it!
Riley got another skeleton to hang from the front door (thank you Nana!) and on Sunday we lost the skeleton's arm somewhere in the house. I picked up all the toys, looked under every bed and both couches and could not find it. Thankfully the house was very clean by then! We even reorganized our art basket in the living room and painted with some watercolors!
Of course, Chad came right home from rehearsal and found the skeleton's arm in between the couch cushions.
Chad & I got to go out on a 2nd date night in a week on Saturday night. We went to dinner at Fireside Pies and followed it up with the movie Looper. It was a really great date night and we appreciate Nana and Papa stepping in last minute to babysit.
I also painted my nails this weekend. I usually keep my fingernails an almost clear pale pink, so that when they grow out they don't look bad. Well, the color of Fall is "oxblood" and I found this fabulous Essie shade in the trendy Fall color and couldn't resist!
Chad has been playing super dad on Mondays when he picks up Riley, Ellie and Cara from school and take them to Kids Who Care. The last two weeks they've gone for ice cream. Lucky kids!
Riley also got his first ever Scholastic Book Order and of course the thing he was most excited about was the Lego toy that came with his Lego book.
This week Chad took the kids for ice cream again and believe it or not Cara ate this entire sundae! Wow!
Fridays are also super fun because Ellie's dad Justin picks up Ellie, Riley and Keller. This week they tried to ride the train, but got stopped by the rain. Bummer!
We are also super excited that Chad's cousin Alex and her kids have moved in with Chad's Aunt Michele temporarily and her daughter Kate started school today at Lily B. Haha picked up Riley and ended up driving Alex, Kate and James home as well. Unfortunately, Fort Worth is only a short stop on their way from Alaska to Georgia, where Alex's husband Josh is soon to be stationed with the military.
Speaking of military, Chad's friend, Dallas, is home from Afghanistan after being deployed for over 300 days. We are so glad he's home. Now if only they didn't live in Alaska.....
I so adore looking at Riley's schoolwork each day. Today, believe it or not was the first time I ever picked up both boys and had to do dinner and homework and bath and bedtime alone. Needless to say, 7pm is not the ideal time to be trying to finish up homework. I am truly lucky that most days Chad gets Riley to do his homework right after school.
I so adore looking at Riley's schoolwork each day. Today, believe it or not was the first time I ever picked up both boys and had to do dinner and homework and bath and bedtime alone. Needless to say, 7pm is not the ideal time to be trying to finish up homework. I am truly lucky that most days Chad gets Riley to do his homework right after school.
![]() |
| Lightning Dragon |
![]() |
| When I play with my friends I am happy. When I play by myself I am sad. |
![]() |
| I couldn't get the full story but Riley colored something here when he wasn't supposed to and got in trouble, But he told me that Jordan did it first! |
![]() |
| Riley's art class piece, titled "Can" |
![]() |
| Save Helicopter |
![]() |
| Mrs. Bindergarten goes to the bakery |
![]() |
| Riley's favorite stuffed animals: his shark on the left and his monkey in the middle. |
![]() |
| Carter's shirt |
![]() |
| Carter's apple tree |
On a different note, Jake's friend Eric is getting married this month and he posted the following photo of him and his fiance holding Eric's yearbook, open to the page with what Jake wrote and a photo of Jake and Eric. The yearbook post says:
"Eric, You have been my best friend since kindergarten. I want you to know that I will always
consider you the best friend I ever had.
I want to thank you for always being there for me when I needed a friend
or just someone to talk to. You know you are always welcome in my home,
even after we get old and are married to our wives. I will always be there for you no matter
what. Anytime. Anyplace.
I’ll be there. We have had some
great memories together…”
It renders me speechless.
It renders me speechless.
Please continue to keep my Grammy in your prayers. Her surgery is scheduled for next week and my mom is going to take some time off from work to be with Grammy whenever she needs. I'm thankful for this and I pray that my mom is able to take care of herself while also taking care of her mom. After the surgery, Grammy will be in the hospital for about 7 days in Dallas.
Chad's Muzzie is also still in a rehab hospital, but doing well. Keep Chad's family in your prayers also as his mom also learns how to take care of her own Mom.
Lots of daughters taking care of their moms in our family right now. It's a good thing it's so great to be a daughter!


















No comments:
Post a Comment