It has happened. Carter is potty trained!
I officially never have to buy diapers again! I am super excited about this milestone and happy that Carter did such a great job.
To celebrate, we went to Chuck E Cheese. Carter doesn't show his excited face too easily, but rest assured he had a good time!
Last weekend we had two birthday parties to attend. The first was on Saturday and it was Riley's first birthday party for a Lily B school friend. It was at Adrenaline Sportsplex and they taught the boys how to break boards with their fists. With about 2 minutes of instruction Riley smashed his board on the first try. It was pretty impressive!
Saturday night we went to a patio party to celebrate our friends, Lane & Mike, who are getting married in October. We had a great time visiting with them and spending an evening with friends and family.
On Sunday we attended our 2nd birthday party of the weekend. It was for Paxton's 4th birthday. The party was at Silver Wheel, but neither Riley nor Carter felt like skating. So they looked about like this most of the party:
Thank goodness they handed out glow sticks because that's the only thing that kept them from melting down.
I've been posting a lot of Riley's school work lately, so I thought I would share some of Carter's also.
Riley is learning a lot at school too and I really enjoy getting his school work. He's also been having homework almost every night and he's been doing a good job on it also. We finally got word that they have recommended a teacher to be hired to fill the 4th KG spot and so at any point we will get the word that Riley is moving to a new classroom. Nervous about that change, but I've heard the teachers will do a great job transitioning the kids.
On Tuesday morning Riley asked me "Mom, do you want to come have lunch with me tomorrow? They have a special table we can sit at and everything." How could I say no? Thankfully, my schedule was clear and so I went and ate with Riley. He requested that I bring McDonald's and I was barely able to since his lunch was at 10:45 and McD's does not start serving lunch until 10:30. I drove in the drive thru at 10:28 and they seriously told me "We don't serve lunch until 10:30. You can order and pay, but you may have to pull forward and wait for your food." So I did, and by the time I paid and pulled forward, it was 10:30 and they just gave me my food. Ridiculous.
Lunch at Lily B was a blast and I got to meet Riley's new best friend, Myles. It was a great lunch with my sweet boy.
I'm a little later than usual posting this week and a lot has been going on in my family. Chad's grandmother is in a rehab hospital after spending a week in the hospital. She is doing much better, thankfully. We also found out yesterday that Riley's PK teacher from last year passed away yesterday. Riley wants to go to her funeral, so we may be experiencing that soon. Also, the worst news of all is that my Grammy's cancer is back. She has about a nickel size tumor in her throat and she will undergo surgery sometime soon to remove it. Unfortunately, when she has the surgery they will also have to remove her voice box. Thankfully, she's already met with a speech pathologist to talk about her options for "talking" post-surgery. My emotions have been all over the board as we've dealt with these family struggles. Please keep us all in your prayers.


















No comments:
Post a Comment