Thursday, December 20, 2012

Table Top Wrapping

Earlier this week, Riley came up to me and asked me for some paper, tape and scissors so he could wrap a gift.  He disappeared into the living room and when I came in a few minutes later I noticed his wrapping job.....yes, that is wrapping paper taped to my coffeetable, covering up the "gift,"
 
 
 All week at Lily B they have been having "Singing in the Halls" just after school starts each day.  All the kids and teacher and parents and siblings line up on the two main halls of the school and sing.  Chad, Carter & I joined Riley on Monday.  It was fun!
 

 
Today was Pajama Day at Lily B.  Riley had a blast because they got to watch The Polar Express at school and he got to bring his big soft Thomas blanket in with him.
 
Grandmommy & Haha sent us the sweetest picture of them having a picnic in the park this week after Christmas shopping.
 
 
On Monday my office wrapped all of the Christmas gifts we had purchased for the family we adopted from Cancer Care Services.  On Tuesday, we delivered the gifts to the family's apartment.  The family was so gracious and so sweet.  It was really nice to get to meet the family that you are helping firsthand.
 

 
On Monday night we went to The Lovelady house for dinner.  After pizza Riley and Liz put on a puppet show for us.  It was adorable and they sang songs.  Maybe one day we'll see them both on the big stage together.
 

 
 
 

On Tuesday night I worked a little late to wrap things up and Chad called to tell me that the boys were painting dragons.  Smart Dad that he is he asked them to take their shirts off before they started painting.  The next thing he knew, Riley had stripped down to his underwear and Carter was naked!!  I guess that works too!

 
Yesterday, I worked a half day at work before heading up to the hospital for my surgery.  The Baylor team was awesome and they all made me feel super comfortable. The surgery did not take long at all.  The worst wait was in post-op recovery where we had to wait 2 hours for a bed I could be moved to.  I'm officially home from the hospital now and will spend the next few weeks trying to keep my boys and the dogs from climbing on me.  Right now I'm just sore and tired and looking forward to getting a good night of sleep.  My friend Tracy posted the below photo on my Facebook.  LOVE IT.
 
O

No comments:

Post a Comment