My surgery date was December 19. After a hectic half a day in the office, I checked into the hospital at 3:00pm. The surgery was scheduled for 5:00pm and went as smoothly as we could have hoped. I awoke in recovery and after a quick moan of pain and a just as quick injection of painkillers, I asked what time it was. It was 6:10pm, so the surgery went quickly as well. I had to wait in post-op for almost 2 hours and after 8:00pm, I finally got a room and was able to see Chad, my mom, Kate and Rebecca who were all there waiting for me. I was really looped out on pain meds and was making everyone laugh. I had a relatively easy night that night despite being awoken frequently by the nurse to use the bathroom and also by a lab tech to take blood at 3:45am. By the morning, the doctor came by and told me I could go home later that afternoon, whenever I was ready. I had a slight bit of nausea and some anti-nausea meds helped that. My parents came by again to visit before my mom took my dad to his 5 year colonscopy (clean report!), my friend Tracy visited and Chad's parents brought him lunch. I was finally discharged and after filling my painkiller presecriptions, we went and picked up Carter from school and headed home. Riley came home shortly thereafter and it was so nice to see the boys. Looking back on the days, I didn't think the painkillers muddled my mind all that much, but the days sure are faint in my mind. Guess the painkillers were doing their work well.
2 days after my surgery, my parents picked the boys up from school and took them to Memaw's for the weekend. Riley was very excited to go to Memaw's "farm."
Carter seems to be content to watch movies in the car.
It was pajama day at Carter's school, so he's wearing his PJ's in this picture. Although, he didn't want to wear PJ pants, just the shirt.
A beautiful sunset led them to Memaw's.
They called me once they arrived and Riley talked to be for a bit. Carter wouldn't talk to me. This next one is his "I don't want to" face.
My cousin, Elizabeth, is in the process of raising chickens, so the next morning the boys wanted to check them out.
They also walked the land and checked out the pond.
The boys were unsatisfied with the lack of animals at Memaw's "farm" since usually one or both of my cousins have calves and they used to have horses. They've even given away most of the dogs that roamed their property, so Nana, Papa and Memaw took the boys to a real farm about a half hour away to see some animals. This turkey sure did want a piece of Memaw.
From the looks of things, the boys got to feed goats, rabbits, chickens, and a calf.
On Sunday, the boys accompanied Memaw to church and afterwards went and had lunch before hitting the road. Before loading up in the car they found railroad tracks to play on. Riley assured me that they are "broken" tracks and that it was okay to play on them because trains don't use them, but that you should never play on working tracks. Nana's teaching him well.
Speaking of Nana teaching Riley well.... Riley has turned into the OMG police. If he hears anyone say "Oh my God" he says "That's a bad word" and then offers you acceptable alternatives: "Oh my goodness", "oh my gracious", or just "oh my." Problem is I NEVER catch myself before I say OMG and I say it A LOT. Damn. (One day he'll probably get me for saying actual bad words too.)
But back to the trip to Memaw's. I spent the weekend laying on the couch while Chad worked KWC shows all weekend, so it was super helpful to have the boys doing something fun so they didn't have to feel bad about bothering me while I was trying to recover. A gigantic thank you to my parents for taking the boys to Memaw's. They got home Sunday afternoon and my parents helped me with laundry at my house before driving me and the boys to the Lovelady house to celebrate Liz's birthday. But that's another post........
But back to the trip to Memaw's. I spent the weekend laying on the couch while Chad worked KWC shows all weekend, so it was super helpful to have the boys doing something fun so they didn't have to feel bad about bothering me while I was trying to recover. A gigantic thank you to my parents for taking the boys to Memaw's. They got home Sunday afternoon and my parents helped me with laundry at my house before driving me and the boys to the Lovelady house to celebrate Liz's birthday. But that's another post........
No comments:
Post a Comment