Sunday, January 20, 2013

Love Days Like Today

How did two weeks pass by so quickly?  The week before last the boys had a sleepover at Grandmommy & Haha's on Wednesday night and they decorated their special drawers with their names.  Each time they visit Grandmommy & Haha's their is a little special sussy waiting for them in their special drawer.  Such a sweet tradition that Grandmommy remembers her Grandmommy Hope doing for her.






The night of the sleepover Carter started running a low grade fever so they next day he stayed home from school with Chad.  You can tell he wasn't feeling well as he fell asleep on the couch mid-Lunchable with a Capri Sun between his legs.  Poor guy!!  (We've also been battling a cough and a yeast infection this last week with Carter.  It's been a beating!)


By the end of the week he was feeling better so we went to Pappas Burger with Kate, Liz & Zachary for dinner.  The kids all held hands with Aunt Kate as we crossed the parking lot.



Last weekend we worked on a family project for Riley's homework.  The assignment was to decorate a snowman and Carter decided he needed his own snowman to decorate.


 Riley has a great time decorating his snowman with me.


I've been excited to see some of Riley's other schoolwork.  This next one is upside down, but it says "gesture drawing."


They also wrote their new year's resolutions and Riley's was "I will be a better friend."


Riley also drew this amazing pirate snowman, that he showed us at Open House this week.
  

Carter also has been doing fun art at school.  This week was all about mittens and his teacher stopped me to tell me about how he was the only one to meticulously paste his colored squares in very straight rows.


On Wednesday morning I worked the Scholastic Book Fair at Lily B.  It was a blast.  I even got to help Riley pick out books and we bought his teacher a book from her wish list.  I had so much fun volunteering for this event as I have really fond memories of the book fair when I was a child.

 Last weekend we went to dinner with Kate and Jason to celebrate Chad & Jason's birthdays that are 3 days apart.  We went to Pappas Steakhouse and had a really amazing meal.   This was Chad's birthday cheesecake dessert.



While we were at dinner the boys had a sleepover at Nana & Papa's.  Nana found an amazing cardboard castle at CVS and they spent the day coloring it.




 The boys also got toy aircraft carriers.




 And they made a dragon to go with their castle.




Along with reading our new scholastic books, Chad's discovered reading books on the iPad with the boys.


I personally still find that this is nothing better than reading a real book out loud to my boys.  Look at those faces.



Work is still a whirlwind, but a sweet moment of my week was when Chad and Riley surprised me with flowers this week.  Such sweet guys who love me!


Friday night Mom & I went to A Piece of Work to paint Van Gogh's Starry Night.  First we ate at Mariposa's Latin Kitchen and then we got settled at our easels.



 Mom was super serious at first, but she loosened up eventually.



Here's mine midway through.


Eventually Mom realized we were just doing an interpretation of the real painting, so she got her phone out and found a picture of the original and did her best to make hers look more similar.


I think hers turned out pretty amazing.


And here's my final painting.  I discovered that I can paint a pretty good circle!  The boys were both sweet and asked of my painting could be hung in their rooms. 


Mom & I got even more together time yesterday when we drove to Waco for Haley's baby shower.  Haley is due in early March with twins.  She looked beautiful and it was great to see her get so many amazing gifts for her sweet babies.


After the shower we went to visit my friend Laurie, who I worked with in Dallas way back in the day.  Laurie is also pregnant and due in April, but she's on bed rest.  Mom & I brought her and her husband lunch and we got to visit for a bit before we hit the road to go home.  On the way I stopped for some kolaches in West.  YUM.


Last night Chad & I got a date night again when we went to the Kids Who Care Board dinner and then to watch Zero Dark Thirty with Kate & Jason.  The movie was so good and a real nail biter.  You know it's been a good movie when I'm able to stay up until 1am, with no complaints!

The boys spent the night with Nana & Papa and had a blast!






Today was exactly the kind of day I love.  Beautiful outside, I got to sleep in, got things done around the house, but also got to relax a bit as well.  Love days like today.



No comments:

Post a Comment