On Monday Kate asked if Carter could come over for the day. Riley had Camptivity so we said "yes" although we didn't want Riley to find out and be jealous. We managed to keep it from him, but I almost lost when he saw me posting photos for this blog and asked why he wasn't in this first photo. Eek!
Carter started the day off with pancakes, which was good because he was super confused when we scooted him out of the house after eating only half his breakfast!
Kate then took the kids to the Dallas World Aquarium. Riley had been, but the last time we were there I was pregnant with Carter. From the looks of these photos, they had a blast!
I told Kate he would probably fall asleep in the car on the way home....looks like I was right!
But it seems they still got some resting time after they got home.
Then they spent time riding around in Zachary's Batmobile. What a blast!
On Wednesday afternoon Grandmommy & Haha took the boys to the Stock Show. The went to the petting zoo and rode a lot of rides.
After the midway, they started to head for dinner, but Riley started getting upset. At first Grandmommy & Haha thought he was homesick, but turns out he was really feeling sick. Chad & I were at dinner, so we went to pick him up and take him home. He had a 100.1 fever so we gave him Tylenol and sent him to bed, which he had no problem with. I prayed and worried that he had the flu. They were doing testing in his class and I didn't want him to miss on Thursday. My prayers were answered because on Thursday he woke up feeling great and by the time school was over and he was at Office Depot with Chad, he was doing this:
On Friday I headed home after work and waited for Kate and Marisa to arrive to help me count Box Tops. We counted almost 3,000 (which still doesn't beat the November count I did with Mom of over 4,000) and while counting we visited and drank wine and had a fabulous time. Thanks ladies for the help!
Papa picked the boys up from school on Friday and while I got ready to count Box Tops, they made race tracks for their Hot Wheels before coming home.
Yesterday we woke up excited to go to the Rodeo. First, we had some great Saturday morning snuggle time.
And then we got dressed like cowboys (well, Riley & I did.)
And then we loaded up in Pearl, where we used my 3rd row seat for the first time.
We had tickets for the 10:00am rodeo. Riley really loved it!
Nana & Papa started the morning off right with cotton candy, while Chad bought us hot chocolate. Nana & Papa continued the fun with light up swords!
Unfortunately, Carter got very bored and antsy about an hour through the rodeo. Luckily, he realized quickly that we weren't leaving and he settled down.
After the rodeo we wandered to find lunch and Riley insisted that we check out this statue in front of the Will Rogers complex.
After lunch we walked to the barns to check out the animals and pose on tractors.
And then it was time for the midway.
The boys all rode this slide, Riley's on green and Carter & Chad are on red.
And they rode dragons, and we all rode a dragon rollercoaster. (Thankfully, my one ride of the day!)

Riley, Chad & Carter all shot darts at balloons and both boys won prizes.
And then they rode the motorcycles before we headed home. It took a lot to get this smile out of Carter.
He was a serious hard-ass at first. No idea why he was so straight faced! You wouldn't think we weren't at a carnival!!
Riley was a dare-devil with one hand in the air. Bull rider/motorcycle rider!
It was a great day at the stock show/rodeo and I really enjoyed spending the day there with Nana & Papa. Today has been spent doing laundry and homework, but not before Riley turned the kitchen into a theater to watch pillow fights. How fun!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment