Monday, February 18, 2013

Secret Admirers, Perfect Grades and Pirates

For Carter's Valentine's Party, we were late to sign up to bring something and the last thing left to sign up for was favors.  I did not want to deal with favors, but Chad agreed to take it on.  At the party, Marisa took some photos of Carter for me.
 


 
After the party, they fed the guinea pigs the leftover carrots!
 
 
 Riley was amazing this year as he wrote out all of his Valentines himself for the first time.
 
When he came home on Valentine's Day he had this secret admirer valentine in his bag.  How cute!
 
 
He also had made Nana a valentine at school. 
 
 
I am really impressed with Riley's school work that came home this last week.  I was able to read almost everything he wrote, which is a great improvement from the rest of the year.
 
 
He also got his grade on his stock show project and he got a perfect grade: 12 out of 12!  I was so unbelievably proud of him!
 
 
Friday night the boys had a sleepover with Grandmommy & Haha while Chad & I went to the latest Die Hard movie with Kate and Jason.  (the moive was awful!)
 
On Saturday we had Carter's birthday swim party.  It was pirate themed and Carter got in the mood while we set up the party room.
 
 
Riley was super excited because we bought Pirate's Booty to snack on after we swam.  I'll never let him buy the big bags at the store.
 
 
 It was a nice, small party with friends from school and family and we had a great time swimming with everyone.
 








 


 
Carter did a great job blowing out his candle.
 


 
And since we had such a small group, we even took time to open presents.
 


 
After the party the boys went to Nana and Papa's to spend the night while Chad & I went to Del Frisco's with Blake, Rebecca, Dexter & Deborah to celebrate my birthday and also celebrate a contract Dexter signed for work.
 
I wore a ring of Grammy's for the first time.  It's called the "Princess" ring and I'm pretty sure she got it in Thailand.  I love it!!
 


 
Yesterday I went to crafting group, where we made t-shirt scarves.  It was so much fun and my scarves turned out pretty great!

 
Today I was off work and had a lovely day running around town and cleaning the house.  After school Riley and I ended up at Pappas Burger to do homework over milkshakes. It was lovely!  I even got a massage mid-afternoon, so I could not have asked for a better day off.
 
 
Tonight Carter opened a birthday present from Zuilma and she got him his first squinkies.  They are the miniature toys and for a boy who loves tiny things, they are perfect!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment