Monday, May 20, 2013

Things A 5 And 3 Year Old Say

The week flew by again and again it's been over a week since my last post.  The boys had a sleepover at Grandmommmy and Haha's the week before last and they asked to bathe in the sink.  I don't think Grandmommy & Haha ever tell them "no" about anything so you can see they enjoyed themselves! (and it looks like a free way for Grandmommy to get her sink area cleaned by Riley!)




On Friday the 10th Riley had Field Day at Lily B.  Chad went and volunteered.

 

That same night we took the boys to Mellow Mushroom for dinner and then I took the boys to Menchie's for dessert while Chad hung out with his Dad and brother.
 


Riley was super excited to give me his Mother's Day presents he had made.  In addition to the gift bag being artfully decorated, I got a thank you note, thanking me for "getting me skylanders, you carry me, you love me, to take me to school, we take your car, you give me food, you work with me."  I also got a coupon book for doing things to help me out, a piece of art where Riley wrote that he loved me because "she is special" and the whole class made a recipe book where the kids dictated their favorite recipes their moms make.  Riley told them about my brownies.  Adorable!






Carter gave me some bath scrub and a bath scrubbie, but first he told me the present was for him and then after he did let me open it, he took it to his own bathroom.  The next night Riley brought it out to me and quietly told me I could take it to my own bathroom. (Thanks for watching out for me Ry!)

The boys also got me a FitBitFlex bracelet so I can track my exercise & sleeping habits and more.  It got great ratings online so I hope I enjoy it!  It was on backorder so I'm still waiting to get it.  We celebrated with both sets of parents on Sunday with lunch at Chad's parents and dinner at my parents.

On Saturday we went to Elizabeth's ballet recital and she looked so adorable and did an amazing job as a poppy!
 

We got her some flowers too!
 


On our way to Mother's Day lunch at Chad's parents I was reminded why I love my two little rascals so much!  The dressed up as pirates for the ride over!  How cute!
 

This little pirate took a hard nap after lunch and ended up with his arm through a crown.
 

My parents bought me these beautiful flowers for Mother's Day and they are still looking really good!
 

This weekend we celebrated my Dad's birthday a few days early.  On Saturday, after spending the night up in Denison, we got up bright and early and were on Lake Texoma with a fishing guide at 6:30am.  The money for the guide was well spent as we took home 19 stripers and caught probably close to 30 all told.





That night Chad cooked up some fish for us and we celebrated with a dragon cake that the boys picked out for Papa.
 


Riley is still hard at work at school, but I can tell he's ready for the year to be over.  But I am impressed every time I see him attempt to spell words.  It's a work in progress!


I am now 7.5 weeks through my Couch to 5K running program.  It's starting to get too hot to run outside at lunch time.  The last two Fridays I ran at lunch and was supposed to run 20 and 22 minutes respectively.  It was also humid, on top of being hot and I just couldn't finish the program as asked either day.  The first Friday I ran 15 min, walked 1 min, and ran the last 4 min.  I got a bad stitch in my side.  Last Friday I ran for 15 min and then just walked the rest of the way.  I was beat.  I was starting to worry that I couldn't do it, but yesterday I went out about 8am and was able to do the full program of 25 min straight!  It was 0% humidity and 71 degrees when I set out and 75 when I returned and while I really had to push myself, I did it!  Now I have to do that 2 more times this week, but I'm thinking maybe I'll go to the gym and do them on the treadmill....

And now for some young Jung-isms courtesy of Riley and Carter:

Riley and Liz have both been on a bandwagon lately that they are going to get married.  Liz was talking about it first and now it seems she has convinced Riley.  The other morning on the way to school, Riley and I had this conversation (this is a few nights after Liz had spent the night, so they must have talked...):



Riley: “Mom, I don’t know what I’m going to have when I grow up?”
Me: “What do you mean?”
Riley: “With Liz”
Me: “You don’t know if you will marry Liz?”
Riley: “No, I don’t know what kind of baby we will have.”

We then talked about how if he and Liz had a baby that Kate and I would be the baby’s grandmothers which he thought was crazy!

Then a few minutes later:
Riley: “I wonder who Zachary and Carter will marry…”
  

Carter has also had his share of funny/sweet sayings:

He's taken to calling Riley "Riley Jung" as in "Where is Riley Jung?"  "Riley Jung has my toy!"  I think maybe it stems from the fact that he is one of two Carter's in his class at daycare and I think they call him "Carter Jung."

Also this morning the boys had this conversation over breakfast:


Riley: “What makes you die?”
Carter: “The cross.”

Apparently, someone is paying attention in chapel!  Good job Carter!

They just make me smile everyday!  So lucky to be their mom and be witness to their lives.

Love those two more that I can ever put into words!


No comments:

Post a Comment