How do I get behind so quickly??? This month has flown by and the month of May doesn't seem to be going any slower. The boys have been having fun learning to ride their bikes. Although Carter refuses toride in new bike in favor of his bike that is getting too small for him.....

On April 26th we celebrated the 3rd birthday of our godson, Zachary. We went to Pappas Burger for dinner where all the kids tried to climb in Chad's lap at once and then we went to the Lovelady House for cupcakes and a sleepover for the kids.
Carter with the water gun in these photos cracks us up....
April 27th was the Jake Remembered Golf Tournament and also Riley's last soccer game of the Spring season. I tried bribing him with $20 if he scored a goal, to try and get him engaged about playing, but the plan backfired and he got super upset and stressed about it. I eventually told him, to just play well and we would see what happened. He played the bets he ever has, but did not score a goal, so I told him he could have $5. He was not excited about this and started pouting and throwing a fit. The idea of purging all their toys sounds better and better every day.....
Because of this and because I was on my own since Chad was working, we only stayed at the golf tournament for the hour leading up to tee-off. The highlight was the boys playing in Papa's golf cart.
That night at dinner Carter, who's year of being 3 is really trying all our patience, agreed to eat his mini veggie corny dogs in order to get dessert (shhh....don't tell them they're veggie dogs.....my secret ploy to get them to eat their vegetables is working!!!). Unfortunately, he put all of them in his mouth at once. No, he's not choking here.....just chewing. Gross.
That night because I was drained of all energy and tired of their antics, I suggested a movie in my bed to wind down the night, complete with popcorn. We watched Mars Needs Moms, which in hindsight I should have pre-screened. It's about a mom who gets kidnapped to Mars by aliens and her son steals away on the spaceship to try and save her. The mom comes super close to dying on Mars, in fact at one point you think she has died. Let's just say that by the end, Riley was crying and I was crying, but I think we all appreciated each other a bit more. Riley does not want to watch the movie again, but Carter has been watching it every night. Go figure!
I also recently took the boys to Lucile's for brunch by myself, which also in hindsight, maybe wasn't a good idea. While I did get this stunning photo of Carter, he was pouting here because he had spilled his milk all over the floor and I made him move to a seat next to me in order to try and prevent a repeat performance. I even ended up buying breakfast for the man in the background, just because he had to sit at a table next to us and I felt sorry for him.
On the home front, Chad and I recently framed some more window cards from Broadway shows in our living room and it has really improved this wall just inside our door! I love it! He also came up with a new plan for our TV's since our TV provider, just went all digital and we don't have a digital receiver on every TV. He worked hard yesterday and we have a good plan, and who knows, we may end up getting rid of cable completely....we'll see!!
This next photo is a stunning example of what happens when Carter does not take a nap. He falls asleep in the car when he runs and errand with Chad and stays asleep when Chad carries him to his office and lays him on the floor.
Chad and Riley recently built a Peter Pan set out of craft materials with the help of a cut-out Peter Pan book that Chad has been holding onto since before Riley was born. Chad got to put his TCU education to good use and the outcome was a very cool model of a set.
Last week Riley kept seeing the carnival at Mayfest and asked to go so on Friday afternoon we went for about 2 hours and while we had a lovely time and the weather was splendid, we also spent loads of money. What happened to the days when everything at this event was free???
The boys rode a dragon rollercoaster by themselves for the first time. Even at the carnival at the rodeo we rode this ride with them. They are getting so big!! Riley the daredevil put his hands in the air and everything!
They also climbed this obstacle course together, which thankfully wasn't covered in pirate skeletons, like it was at the rodeo so they weren't scared. At the rodeo one of the carnival workers went with them on it. This time they went all by themselves. Riley was a great big brother and waited for Carter at each obstacle and helped him and gave him pep talks.
We also fed ducks before their duck race and Carter fed them straight from him hand, while Riley dropped the food on the ground for them to eat.
Carter's favorite place was the hammer, wood and nails area, which was thankfully free! He has good form!
Since the food was so stinking expensive and I knew they wouldn't eat it anyway, the boys had chocolate ice cream cones for dessert. YUM.
On Sunday Zachary had his birthday party, which was so cool. There was a petting zoo and pony rides. The boys had a blast! Riley got brave and held a chicken and a rabbit and a guinea pig!
Sorry I got behind!!! Thanks for sticking with me even when I don't have time to post!






































No comments:
Post a Comment