Last Tuesday I went to a Box Tops University Event in Dallas. I am handing off the Box Tops Coordinator position on the PTA to a different mom next year, so I went to this event as a last hurrah and to get some ideas I might be able to pass along. The best part of the event was this giant goodie bag of Box Tops labeled products they sent me home with!

Riley has been learning to write notes in music class at school and I was very impressed!
Last Wednesday the boys went to the Omni with Grandmommy & Haha to see Flight of the Butterflies. The Loveladys went too. Riley actually listened to the movie and was telling me about monarchs afterwards!
After the movie they had some fun at the museum.
That night the boys spent the night at Grandmommy & Haha's and so I went to a Barre class at Urban Yoga. I was super sore the next day, but it was a good workout. My run the next day was horrible, but I've managed to run 28 minutes straight (granted on a treadmill) 2x since then.
All of last week Chad was in San Antonio working on a gala for San Antonio Opera. How beautiful the stage looks!
He also got a whole page bio in the program (gotta get a new headshot though....)
On Friday Riley had a field trip to Tillery Park. One of the moms was sweet enough to send me a photo since I couldn't be there.
While Riley was at his field trip I was at the dermatologist getting my annual skin check and then getting a sun spot frozen off the tip of my nose and getting a cyst removed from the bridge of my nose. I looked awesome all weekend wearing a bandaid across my nose....
On Friday I took off at noon and headed home to load up the car to go to San Antonio for the weekend. I then picked up Carter and then went to Lily B and we headed out straight from Lily B. We were caravan-ing with the Loveladys and the weather was awful on the drive down. We stopped twice for gas and potty breaks, but the drive took 6 hours and 15 minutes and there were many moments of torrential rain. I was so drained by the time we arrived, but thankfully Chad had been waiting there for us and he had a lot of positive energy for the kids.
It was still raining the next morning so while we waited for the rain to stop and SeaWorld to open Chad watched movies on his iPad with the kids.
Before we knew it we were at SeaWorld. Our first stop was to feed the dolphins.
Then we saw the educational version of the beluga whale/dolphin show. Liz doesn't look impressed.
Neither does Chad....
Next we saw the seal and otter show and it was very funny!
Then it started to rain harder, but that didn't stop the kids from riding the carousel and the Shamu rollercoaster (which they got stuck on for 10 minutes in the rain)
So we headed to see Shamu. This was their faces seeing Shamu for the first time. Riley kept saying the didn't realize how big orcas were.
Liz and Riley were sweet/silly all weekend. Their self-betrothal seems to still be on.
After a day at Sea Wold we cam back for naps. Zachary fell asleep first.
Even the dads napped.
Kate and I read on the balcony where this was our view. Serene and in the middle of nature.
The resort was holding a fiesta on Saturady night with a DJ at the fire pits. We make smores and ate street tacos and danced to the music. Afterwards we went for a night swim before heading back to the condo to see if we could see the fireworks at SeaWorld. They were a bit farther away than we expected.....

The next day we lounged around the resort most of the day. Mid-afternoon we checked out the lazy river.
For dinner we headed down to the RiverWalk where we took the riverboat tour and then went to dinner at Paesanos, followed by ice cream at Justin's. YUM.
Monday morning we loaded up the condo while these sweet kids waited.
But on the way out of the resort we went to the Zoomagination show at the resort pavilion and it was a great way to say 'bye' to San Antonio. We saw a hedgehog, a scorpion, a ball python, a tarantula, a macaw, some dragon lizards and a wallaby. We could touch all but the scorpion and the tarantula (whew!)
Their faces while seeing the scorpion were hilarious!
Riley was a regular old biologist and knew the zookeepers answers to most of his questions. It was amazing!
One last TX swing picture (or 3) before we loaded in the car.
We stopped twice on the way home, which broke the drive up nicely. For lunch we stopped in Austin and had Wahoo's Fish Taco and then Amy's Ice Cream, two of Chad's favorites.
We also stopped in West for kolaches. Overall it was great vacation. Our first vacation with friends and I'm sure it won't be our last!
I had to take yesterday off just to recuperate and catch up on all the things I usually do on the weekend!






























































No comments:
Post a Comment