Blogging is really trying to get the best of me this summer! Trying to keep up!
The boys had really been missing Liz and Zachary this summer so Nana had them over for a playdate two weeks ago. They had a blast! And were then invited to a sleepover two weekends ago so they've had a lot of together time!

Carter really is too cute for his own good. Sweet boy adores Niki & Princess and pets them and says "She likes me!". In this photo I asked for Princess to get off my bed and Carter informed me that she liked being on my bed. Well, how can you resist these two?
It rained a lot last week, but Nana and Carter still managed to get some rainy swinging in, thanks to Carter's Spiderman umbrella.
Here is some adorable-ness as Carter watches The Very Hungry Caterpillar (his latest Netflix obession!) all while rocking in my old rocking chair. What's even more adorable is how he pronounces caterpillar: Cakiller.

Carter also got a hold of Nana's phone this week and took some selfies.....200+ selfies to be exact. Here is what Nana narrowed it down to. Hilarious!
And to top it all off, it seems he is having a growth spurt. On Monday night Chad picked up the boys and Carter fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep all night. On Wednesday he fell asleep in Nana's arms and again slept all night long. That's over 14+ hours of sleep! Amazing!!
Riley started July Camp last week and he was having a lot of fun. Here is in during relaxation time.
And on Tuesday he won the Western Day costume contest.
But for some reason on Wednesday, he didn't want to go to camp. It's a full-day camp and he wanted to be picked up after lunch. He cried and told us he didn't want to go so we let him take a day off, but told him that he had to make a decision that night. He decided he would rather spend the rest of the summer going to Nana's so we accepted his decision and will try July Camp again next summer.
Yesterday, Riley and I started a Reading Camp at TCU. I was nervous about whether it would be a good camp and it turned out so much better than I would have hoped. I learned a lot of new skills about how to help Riley as he learns to read and Riley also did a great job. When we were at home last night he even got a book out all by himself to look over!
I am amazingly still running 3x a week in the early AMs with Jason. Our pace is getting faster and it's nice to know that someone is holding me accountable for running each week. After a 3+ week plateau on the weight loss, I finally lost another pound this week and am now only 2 lbs away from my goal weight. And for the first time in a LONG time I am at at an almost NORMAL BMI. Being short and muscular makes it tough to get to what is considered a healthy BMI, but I find a lot of pride in the fact that I am just about there!
















No comments:
Post a Comment