Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christmas in July

Last week Riley came home from Nana's with a surprise.....

  
Christmas in July!!!


I received 3 red, white and blue 4th of July necklaces, a small shell (that looked familiar from my childhood) and flowers made from tissue paper and a straw!


That night I went to teach the new mom who is taking over Box Tops at Lily B the ropes and while I was gone Riley wanted to make a snowman.  They did a really good job!

  
Riley also asked OVER and OVER to get out the craft Christmas train that we made this past Christmas and finally I couldn't take him asking any longer so we got it out! (Riley took this photo of it!)


 There has been no shortage of fun at Nana's.  Last Thursday they went and rode the Forest Park Mini Train.  My office building is right across the river from the train, but my windows don't face that way so I couldn't see them.



They also had a blast playing in the rain!






 And they even built a beaver dam while it was raining!  Looks pretty good!


  
They started off this week with a trip to the zoo to meet Belle, the new baby elephant.


And maybe Carter is acting like an elephant in this photo?

  
Riley's also become adept at catching butterflies.  This is the first one he caught.  He has a net and then this contraption to put it in after he catches it.  Riley has really lost his fear of some bugs.  In addition to catching butterflies, he also tried to catch a grasshopper at Nana's and he's caught two baby geckos at our house.


  
Riley also caught a 2nd butterfly yesterday.

They also made a "stuffed" Carter and a "stuffed" Riley by filling their shirts and shorts with batting!  How hilarious!




We've had some super fun playdates the last two Tuedays with one of Riley's Lily B friends, Evan and his younger brother, Oliver.  We discovered that Oliver and Carter will bs in the same grade also, so it makes the play date that much more fun!  I am so enjoying getting to visit with their parents and getting to know them better and I also love snuggling their little sister, Lucy.  She's so cute!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment