Friday, July 12, 2013

Crocs, Fireworks and Awkward Conversations

I have been so lax in posting!!  With the long holiday weekend I just got behind!  

The boys finished their swim lessons with Mrs. Kirk on July 2nd and RILEY CAN SWIM!!  I am so proud of him and it looks like a trip to Schlitterbahn can now be scheduled for next summer!  So proud of him and how hard he worked!


Carter also did a great job in swimming lessons, but he's always been a little fish!
 

The boys also really enjoyed watching the KWC June show - Peter Pan.  We've watched a lot of Peter Pan videos in the past month - the cartoon version and the Cathy Rigby version won out most times, but Chad also found a Netflix video called 'Neverland' that Riley really took a liking to.

On the last day of the show while Chad was striking the show, the boys decided that we needed to make some cupcakes at home to honor the cake they saw onstage in the play.  Riley also insisted on making a video.  Cute!  And for the first time EVER I did not burn cupcakes in my oven.  I have no idea what I did right this time, but they turned out PERFECT!



 After June Camp was over Grandmommy let us know that she was really missing the boys and asked if they could have a sleepover.  Of course!  They had fun playing with the castle with Haha.



  
On the 4th of July we went swimming over at the Myers' house and then we went home and the boys all napped.  The Loveladys, who we usually hang out with on the 4th were out of town and so we decided to check out the FW Fourth festival that was happening near Panther Island Pavilion.  It turned out to be GREAT!  We had a perfect view of the fireworks and the boys had a great time!



  
On the 5th Riley wanted to go to the zoo so that afternoon we decided to go.  It was hot and sunny and I actually got the boys to wear hats most of the time!




While we were there Riley's favorite crocodile, Salty, was off of exhibit getting his exhibit cleaned, but as we were heading out we saw that his exhibit was filling with water again and so we waited for over 45 minutes to see if Salty would make an appearance.  He didn't......but boy did Riley patiently wait.


 The boys have been taking their loveys to Nana's most days and one day this week Riley made sure his monkey got to sit in the front seat and wear a seatbelt.  Also, I had an ear ache this week and went to bed super early one night and Riley brought me his monkey and green blanket to sleep with to make me feel better.


Carter has been getting more and more snuggly with me this summer and I'm loving it.  He still doesn't really like to get kisses, but he will cuddle a lot with me now.  However, the other night we had an awkward conversation......I got home from The WARM Place and he was still awake.  He told me his tummy hurt and asked if I would rub his tummy.  I went and lay beside him and rubbed his belly.  He said "lower" so I rubbed a bit lower and he again said "lower."  Apparently he wanted me to rub his boy parts....I said no.  He thought maybe my arm wasn't long enough to reach them, to which I explained it was NOT okay for him to be touched there by others.  I told him only he should rub those.  SO AWKWARD!!!  

Riley had been in Museum School this week and LOVED it!  He went to a session about dinosaurs, which is great because instead of being a haunted house owner, he now wants to be a paleontologist.  He and Carter also got some play time at the museum this week.  FUN!
 



 And Nana also took them back to the zoo.  Where Salty was finally on exhibit! (and REALLY liked Nana's yellow shirt - he looks scary staring at the camera like that!!)








Here are Riley's art pieces from Museum School:






Riley also went to his first big audition at KWC yesterday.  He was very nervous.  He wrote his own monologue with Chad about dragons (stinky dragons, in fact).  At first he wanted to sing a song from Peter Pan, but decided it would be too funny, so he instead wanted to sing the Pinky & The Brain theme song.  He wanted to sing it a cappella though, but Chad printed out sheet music (with this sweet note) just in case:



From what we hear Riley did pretty good at auditions for being one of the youngest kids there.  He was supposed to go 3rd in his group, but instead went last and a sweet boy from Germany went onstage with him so he wouldn't be alone.  And believe it or not, Riley got a callback and gets to audition some more today.  Very proud of him for being brave and going outside of his comfort zoneAll I hope is that he has a lot of fun at July Camp, which it seems like he will!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment