Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Buying, Selling, Garage Sale, Staging....Sleep Comes Later.

Our life got crazy only a few days after returning from vacation.  The day after we returned I was perusing the "For Sale" listings by Riley's school and came across a house I wanted to see.  Chad & I went to see it that Tuesday and we hated it.  While driving back to work I happened upon a "For Sale By Owner" house that looked from the outside like exactly what I wanted.  Turns out we knew the owners and Chad & I toured it that afternoon.  After the owners receiving multiple offers, and lots of stress and nerves on our part, we found out that they chose our offer and we are now under contract to buy the house!



 We have spent the last two weeks, getting everything in order for the new house and getting everything in order to sell our current house.  We had a garage sale this weekend, have a "For sale By Owner" sign in our yard now and I already have a showing scheduled for Saturday.  We are wiped out, but besides all the stress and anxiety, we are excited about this new stage of our lives.

Riley had his birthday party on the 24th and we had a blast.  He got a present the night before and had a great Skylanders Giants party at the pool.


  
Also on the 24th my CEO gave  me his Cowboys tickets and I got to treat Chad to the game.  It was a blast and since it was the first preseason game and people left early, we ended up on the front row for the last 2:00 of the game.  Awesome!!!



  
While we were at the game, Riley had his annual Birthday Slumber Party at the Loveladys and got treated to Pappas Burger and Pop N Cream for dinner.









 On Sunday we were back at Pop N Cream (we have to stop....we are obsessed!) and Carter was so tired he slept through it!


Riley's first day of 1st Grade was on the 26th and he wasn't too excited about it......


But by the end of the day he had turned it around!  :)


This is his drawing of how he felt the first day of school, so he must have turned that frown upside down pretty quick!

  
Carter also moved up at his school, but before he did they had a week all about camping and got to bring sleeping bags and there was a tent in their classroom.  So fun!



Riley has been getting to open 1 gift a day from his party and one of them was a dinosaur excavation kit.  Cute goggles little paleontologist!


I am also thrilled that we've started back to our Friday donuts at Bluebonnet.  YUM!




This weekend (yes, in the midst of a garage sale and house staging) we went to a birthday party at Flight Deck Trampoline Park.  I had not been before, but it was very cool!





Riley spent some of his garage sale proceeds on this cool Lego crocodile.  I'm getting very skilled at putting together Legos with this kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment